• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Obeyery of Stave

Antony

SOC-13
I am currently in the process of re-doing my entire web site. (I am going to post the whole revised site in one go) What I was wondering is if anyone can take a look at what I have done with the Stave system (part of the Traveller Landgrab) and the Obeyery who were mentioned in BTC, and suggest anything more they would like to see. I will probably expand the details of the other two systems which are only partly completed, at the same time.

Antony,
The star system and world portions are extremely detailed, and complemented by outstanding maps. The world map, in particular, is beautiful. I assume it is possible to overlay a hex grid if necessary?
The Oberery are a well thought out minor race. The background also helps explain the world's low tech, which is a plus.
Overall, very well done!

On a side note, I poked around the Banners area of the website, while I was there and noticed you added the Kinunir to the list of possible ship encounters in the sector. That was interesting to me because, the first time I saw the sight (about a year ago) , I thought an interesting campaign idea would be the discovery of a Kinunir, with the characters being remnant members of the crew. My theory on the Kinunir, as a class, is that it was `really' designed for covert operations. Thus, the background would be that Imperial Navy Ship Urshu, on a DEEP penetration special op into the Solomani Confed, late in Rebellion era, is captured by the Sols. They put a prize crew on board, place the prisoners in modularlow berth containers temporarily inserted on the cargo deck, and jump toward the nearest Sol navy base to exploit their prize. Well, due to unfamiliarity with the high tech systems/battle damage/recalcitrant AI (as desired), they misjump. Exit jump in deep space, in Banners sector, don't have enough fuel for another jump, active the automatic distress beacon, prize crew enters the available low berths in the modular low berth containers. Seventy years later, they are found and revived. PCs could be: spec ops types from the original Imperial crew, Solomani from the prize crew, or locals. As far as location, near Arafura (subsector F) looked appealing to me. From government type, tech, and starport it seemed to me like the nucleus of a pocket empire waiting to happen. And wouldn't a fair sized TL-F warship make a nice flagship for the fleet of any ambitious dictator? Anyway, it just seemed like a ripe seed for a campaign.

later,
OIT

Originally posted by eclipse:
What's the URL?
The URL is www.users.bigpond.com/Skaran just hit the button marked Landgrab this will take you to that part of the site.

As part of my update I will be reformatting most of the pages to reduce horizontal scrolling on small monitors. I designed most pages at 1024 x 768 on which they look fine. Looking at them on a lower resolution, well...

Originally posted by OIT:
Antony,
The star system and world portions are extremely detailed, and complemented by outstanding maps. The world map, in particular, is beautiful. I assume it is possible to overlay a hex grid if necessary?
The Oberery are a well thought out minor race. The background also helps explain the world's low tech, which is a plus.
Overall, very well done!

On a side note, I poked around the Banners area of the website, while I was there and noticed you added the Kinunir to the list of possible ship encounters in the sector. That was interesting to me because, the first time I saw the sight (about a year ago) , I thought an interesting campaign idea would be the discovery of a Kinunir, with the characters being remnant members of the crew. My theory on the Kinunir, as a class, is that it was `really' designed for covert operations. Thus, the background would be that Imperial Navy Ship Urshu, on a DEEP penetration special op into the Solomani Confed, late in Rebellion era, is captured by the Sols. They put a prize crew on board, place the prisoners in modularlow berth containers temporarily inserted on the cargo deck, and jump toward the nearest Sol navy base to exploit their prize. Well, due to unfamiliarity with the high tech systems/battle damage/recalcitrant AI (as desired), they misjump. Exit jump in deep space, in Banners sector, don't have enough fuel for another jump, active the automatic distress beacon, prize crew enters the available low berths in the modular low berth containers. Seventy years later, they are found and revived. PCs could be: spec ops types from the original Imperial crew, Solomani from the prize crew, or locals. As far as location, near Arafura (subsector F) looked appealing to me. From government type, tech, and starport it seemed to me like the nucleus of a pocket empire waiting to happen. And wouldn't a fair sized TL-F warship make a nice flagship for the fleet of any ambitious dictator? Anyway, it just seemed like a ripe seed for a campaign.

later,
OIT
A Kinunir class for Arafura looks interesting. Path of Tears indicates that Arafura could operate around 21 Regular Combatants, so if we trade three of these in for a TL15 Kinunir, yes that could work, the self-perpetuating oligarchy would certainly want such a prize.

Looking at the current Astrography of this subsector a single Kinunir could ensure this potential pocket empire acquires at least the entire coreward portion of the subsector. In this context the Kinunir class again become "battlecruisers."

The maps were generated using Fractal Terrains from Pro Fantasy
, and yes I can put a hex grid on them if required.

Antony,
Must concur with OIT on site. I have updated her onto the "favorites" list since spotting it last year. Like the Low Tech Navy 's btw (TL-9-11) from Banners. Long time admirer from Tne-silent tower list.
(hoist mead, salute, and savor)
well done!

anthony ....i can just "Zone OUT" over your "neone" map .....i wish i could get one 6ft by 8feet up on my wall!!! WOW!!!!!

Originally posted by trader jim:
anthony ....i can just "Zone OUT" over your "neone" map .....i wish i could get one 6ft by 8feet up on my wall!!! WOW!!!!!
I'm sorry, which map was that again? ;)

I am not intending to change any of the maps, however the work I am doing off-line will result in more systems being covered, and hence more maps, perhaps even some more pretty blue ones!
file_21.gif

Back