• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Terran Praesidium Scouts patch

bryan gibson

Absent Friend
a very rough first try at this--

scoutspatchroughsmallcopy.jpg

I'm still playing with the composition somewhat, comments welcome.

It's a mongoose - the line comes from Kipling's Rikki-Tikki-Tavi: "The motto of all the mongoose family is 'Run and find out'."

Oh. My. God.

Thank you, BGG, for reminding me of that! I just realized it's been 20+ years since I last read Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, and I had forgotten that!

Time to re-read some Classics....

Originally posted by Lord Vince:
Thank you, BGG, for reminding me of that!
Thank bryan gibson for his very clever use of the motto - that's truly inspired.

Bryan, one thought - the mongoose's feet are floating above the planet. Perhaps move the planetary disc up a bit so that the li'l feller looks likes he's actually resting on something?

Is the Terran Praesidium a setting using Traveller rule or is it a part of the Traveller(unofficial) universe?

Thanks.

a completetly alternate and systemless setting. Its slated for publication through Avenger .

Its only relationship to Traveller is they are both SF.Of course, you can use what system suits you, and I expect from my playtesters responses that Trav (whatever system) is the preferrred choice, although some are using Savage Worlds and at leats one is running agroup with it using GURPs

Like the overall sketch BG. I Think you need to work on the mongoose though since it didn't look like one to some people. I know it will look better once you get the shading and work on it more. Can't wait to see the next version.

Back