• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 Table of Contents (Draft)

Avery

Administrator
Administrator
Traveller5- Contents and structure for the basic Traveller (5th edition) game system.

Introduction
Foreword
The Vast Span of History
The Milieux
This Milieu
Foundations of Traveller

Basics
The Nature of Role-Playing
What You Need
Players Guide to Traveller
Master's Guide to Traveller
Die Rolls and Dice
Units of Measure
The Typical Setup

Characters
Characters
Careers
Life Pursuits
What Characters Do
Character Creation
Humans and Non Humans
The Major Races
The Minor Races
Tasks
Task Library
Skills
Experience
Aptitudes
Heritage
Homeworld
Genetic
Cultural

Interactions
Personal
Getting Acquainted
Friendships
Enmity
Getting Information
Bargaining
Persuading
Forcing Action
Fighting
Multi-Personal
Battles
Wars

Situations
Goals
Missions
Events
Encounters
Patrons
People
Animals
Monsters
Situations
The Unusual
Generating Encounters

Actions and Consequences
Events
Continuing NPCs
Patrons
Nemeses
Gimmicks

Objects
Weapons
Equipment
Equipment Design
Vehicles (Land Sea Air)
Vehicle Design
Beasts of Burden

Starships and Spacecraft
Space Travel
Starship Operations
Starship Design
Starship Combat

The Galaxy
Regions
Sectors and Subsectors
Star Systems
Stars
Mapping Space

Worlds
Worlds
World Generation
Terrain
Cities and Settlements
World Surface Travel
Mapping Worlds
Animal Encounters
Travel Times

Flora And Fauna
Animals
Land
Air
Sea
Plants
Land
Air
Sea

Technology
The Tech Level Scale
Alternative Technology

Cultures
Populations
The Focus of Population
Historical Antecedents
Rival Factions
The Influence of Economics

Money and Accounting
Currency
Items of Value
Types of Accounting
Loose
Strict
General Fund
Barter

Information
Library Data
Museum Data
Information Analysis
Research and Development

Activities
Con Games
Entertainment
Exploration and Surveys
Corporations
Manufacturing
Masquerade
Mercenary Operations
Military Operations
Naval
Noble Missions
Prospecting
Psionics
Quests
Research
Strategic Manipulations
Trade
Transport
Troupe (Bards)

Creating Adventures
Elements of the Adventure
Elements of the Campaign

Appendices
The Traveller Card System
IMTU
Language
Calendars
The Milieux
Faraway Sector
Deck Plan Symbols
Outdoor Mapping
The History of Traveller

Okay, I'll bite. I'm very curious as to just what "The Traveller Card System" might be. I'm sort of an index card junkie when it comes to my role-playing campaigns, so it caught my eye.

------------------
Dr. Skull

Based on a variety of cards, the data for things, events, etc are recorded on cards for easy access. The TOC entry refers to the chapter which will explain how the cards work. etc.

Send a stamped, self address envelope to Far Future and I'll send you an assortment of preprinted draft cards to fiddle with (limited time offer; while supplies last) etc.

Far Future Cards
1418 North Clinton Blvd
Bloomington IL 61701

I guess you plan to publish the summary above in a single volume, as this would reduce the costs. However, consider the possibility of publishing it in the MT format with three books. While two of them would have the rules for the referee and the players, the third could incorporate Milieu specific information. This format, or a similar one combining the two first books in one, although more costly, would be nicer if several mileux became published.

[This message has been edited by Ron (edited 23 February 2001).]

Let the Sleeper awaken!

I have been looking for news of T5 since first hearing of it last year..

This list looks like a sound basis for an update. A strategy which accounts for the highly fragmented traveller enthusiasts.

I would like to know when a release is anticipated..can you give us an idea?

------------------
Mark Lucas
Lucas-digital.com

Not to nitpick, but....

I'm a little bothered about Library data being grouped into one section of the core rules book (I'm assuming this is probably how it will be published).

Given the huge amount of library data that has been generated over the 20+ years, it is reasonable that each millieu will probably have it's own library data, as well as differing versions of current library data (perceptions do change over time). I think that maybe the library data sections should be published in each specific millieu that is going to be designed rather than including it in the core rules system.

Just my CR .02

Mike

The out line appears to try to appeal to all the different Traveller Milieu fans which can only help tie us all back in to the idea which is Traveller.Iam sick of hearing people say "i dont play MT" ,as we should all be interested in the game.If T5 can provide a system which allows you to play in any part of Travllers history then it should stop this kind of stupid in fighting.

Stop stupid infighting just by creating a cover-everything system that allows gaming in any era of the background? Hah! Your idea is silly and utopian. It doesn't fix (insert favourite rant, eg "Broken" world generation, Virus, overized computers, Jump Torpedoes, Annic Nova or any of a dozen others...)

What would Traveller be without silly infighting anyway?

... oh, hi Neil, by the way. It's your turn for beer tomorrow, right?

Originally posted by MJD:
Stop stupid infighting just by creating a cover-everything system that allows gaming in any era of the background? Hah! Your idea is silly and utopian. It doesn't fix (insert favourite rant, eg "Broken" world generation, Virus, overized computers, Jump Torpedoes, Annic Nova or any of a dozen others...)
It might not be a bad idea if we could stop in fighting,,,,apart from about VIRUS which is the worst idea ever!
ITS YOUR TURN FOR THE BEER.

As to in-fighting: So......There is a certain restraint which must be called for and accessed...from a chronological...eh...point of...Virus...er...

MJDs buying the beer, right?

Gats' ( a Massachusetts yank in need of a good beer or fine Tennessee sipping whiskey )

Virus is a fact of canon. With slight tweaks to its effects, it's OK. And yeah, I bought the beer. It's Neil's turn this week, I believe.

About library data... here's a thing to be careful of: M0 had stuff in it copied straight from MT. IE essays on the League of Antares that wouldn;'t be formed for 200 years. library data must conform to the era of the setting.....!

just readng thru for the 1st time, as i surf the web with my limited skills searching for old nuggets of TNE (sound familiar?). A multi genre imperium? "Traveller:Stories of the Imperium"? sounds positive and positively brilliant. (and if anyone can tell me a way to get rid of this damnfool UserName ill mail 'em a keg.)
Bryan Grivell B.G.Eloit to my friends ;_)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StoryTeller:
(and if anyone can tell me a way to get rid of this damnfool UserName ill mail 'em a keg.)
Bryan Grivell B.G.Eloit to my friends ;_)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re-subscribe with another name would seem like the easiest solution. I'm not sure how you would go about killing the old ID. Is this good enough to earn the keg? ("Of what?" he belatedly asks.")

David Shayne

thought about resubscribing, but didnt want to "waste" resources......as for the keg, depends on your mileu.......

thought about resubscribing, but didnt want to "waste" resources......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no way other than resubscribing to change your username, and if you want to use the same email address, I'll need to delete the current username first. Let me know if you need me to delete it.

Hunter
The GRIP/RPGRealms Team

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:

Let me know if you need me to delete it.

Hunter
The GRIP/RPGRealms Team[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

kill me please (and remind me never to mix signing up for serious discussions and booze again)

kill me please (and remind me never to mix signing up for serious discussions and booze again)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done, the StoryTeller ID has been killed.

Hunter
The GRIP/RPGRealms Team

Oh yeah...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Avery:
Based on a variety of cards, the data for things, events, etc are recorded on cards for easy access. The TOC entry refers to the chapter which will explain how the cards work. etc.

Send a stamped, self address envelope to Far Future and I'll send you an assortment of preprinted draft cards to fiddle with (limited time offer; while supplies last) etc.

Far Future Cards
1418 North Clinton Blvd
Bloomington IL 61701
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably missed this (limited time?), but just wondering if there was any chance scans (PDF, etc.) could be put up - maybe even a section on the main page for T5 Sneak Preview?

Back