• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T20 Conglomerate Ship (Repost)

marvo

SOC-12
(Originally posted just before the server crash.)

I needed a ship that would be very difficult to totally destroy and easy to repair. Using a bit of a hand wave I ignore the fact that a meson gun hit would destroy multiple sections. If it only destroys one section then it would take many meson gun hits to destroy a large conglomerate ship. For example, a 3x3x3 cube would take 9 meson gun hits to totally destroy. Since each 100 ton section is self contained so the entire ship has the capabilities as each section.

Class Conglomerate Ship Module Designed by: Andrew Cator using Angus McDonald's spreadsheet from Falkayn.com

Statistics:
100-ton Hull (Close Structure) - Partially Streamlined
AC: 10 (7 vs. Meson Guns) AR: 0 SI: 100 Initiative: 0
Starship Size: Medium Cost: 42.267 MCr (52.834 MCr without discount)
Computer: Model/2 (PP: 35/12)
Avionics: Less than 600-ton
Sensors: Short Range
Communications: Short Range
Cargo: 1.4-tons Extra Ship's Stores: 40 person/weeks of Standard Stores,
Annual Maintenance = 4.227 KCr (2.113 KCr if routinely maintained)
Routine Maintenance = 1.057 KCr/Month (10.567 KCr per year)

Performance:
Jump-2 (enough fuel for 1x Jump-2)
Acceleration: 3-G Agility: 0
Power Plant: TL-13 Fusion (6 EP output, enough fuel for 3.33 weeks)
Atmospheric Speeds: NOE = 875kph Cruising = 2,625kph Maximum = 3,500kph

Active Defenses:
None

Weapons:
Hardpoints: 1
1x Triple Pulse Laser Turret TL-12, +3 To Hit, 3d10 (19/x2), Range: 45,000km

Ship's Vehicles:
None

Accomodations & Fittings:
10x Double Occupancy Small Cabin (20 People)
20x Low Berth (20 People)
1x Standalone Fresher
2x Airlocks

Crew Details:
1x Pilot
1x Astrogator
1x Engineer
1x Gunner
16 x Ships Troops

Description:
This is a single modular unit. Many of these are joined together in either a closed
or open structure. Each can function independant of the others and if one is disabled the
remaining crew can transfer to the low berths of one of the others. Each acts as a backup
to the others so the entire conglomerate structure is very difficult to totally disable.

Interesting idea - but I think I'm missing the point. What's the purpose? What advantage does the conglomerate have over a fleet of an equal number of ships?

I haven't worked out the details yet, but basically each small ship has one hardpoint. Having them physically in the same structure means that the hardpoints can be arranged in batteries, thus giving an increased chance to hit.

Back