• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T20 campaign

Mythmere

SOC-13
I would be interested in starting an online campaign also, but I am not technical. So: two questions for everyone.

1)would you be interested in playing? My campaign is circa 1000, with the 3I as described, but with non-OTU astrography and some other departures from OTU. The campaign region is at the edge of Imperial space, and the Imperium is too overextended. In fact, one subsector has been abandoned, and another is in rebellion. THe players will have to decide if they are pro Imperial, pro-local-rule, or anti-civilization (pirates or other predators or parasites). It gets worse. Remember how the 3I had problems with the Aslan early in the OTU? That's happening now. The Hierate is expanding into the vaccuum left by a weak Imperium; breakaway republics are forming to fight the Aslan and the Imperium; the flame of civilization is flickering. Where does the party stand?

2) How would a campaign be run online? Email? How do you do that? For this campaign to happen, someone with computer expertise will be needed to walk me through the details of bringing communications together into a coherent whole.

Not interested just yet, but I can help you with the tech side.

Have a look at Traveller Central's PBEM area. They host PBEM games for people. You get (I believe) a simple admin screen and an email address that everyone can send their posts to, and it will get sent to everyone on the mailing list. You get to administer who gets to post, and an archive is hosted at the above page for everyone to check out what's happening (including people not in the game).

Does that help? If not, talk to the Traveller Central people yourself.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Mythmere:
I would be interested in starting an online campaign also, but I am not technical. So: two questions for everyone.

1)would you be interested in playing? <snip neat game idea>
Interested yes but I'm already in or getting in to enough PBEM games for the moment.

2) How would a campaign be run online? Email? How do you do that? [/QB][/QUOTE]

I'd also recommend Travellercentral's lists. I've not run one but am in one and getting ready to join another (see my CT Space Opera PBEM thread in this same section).

However it doesn't seem like it would be too hard. Might help if you had another email address to use just for this game (a webmail account perhaps) or use filters in your email program of choice. This keeps the email for the PBEM seperate.

Recommend taking a look at some of the archives for the pbem games at travellercentral.

HTH,
Casey

Mythmere- as a computer poorly skilled person (i've enough to use mine, this forum, etc) we of hthe ISS URSULA (se our campaign pages down inrandom Static) used a MSN chat room site.

http://groups.msn.com/ISSUrsula/_whatsnew.msnw

here's the addy, it ain't high priced, but it allows us to do what we want- game on line.
And cheap. (I pay the rent, fer 30Mb- $20/year.)

yeah, there's some hassles, minor issues. but it works. Now in our 23rd week. Time zone and days certain players can participate is one of them.(We have a gamer on hawaii, and one in Germany, and two in UK, the rest in CAN, and USA).

keep us apprised, sounds like fun lad!

No positive responses yet. Interested in starting it solo and having others join in? Seems like it would work better with at least two players, though more than three might be cumbersome.

Originally posted by Mythmere:
No positive responses yet. Interested in starting it solo and having others join in? Seems like it would work better with at least two players, though more than three might be cumbersome.
Probably not (I'd like a more OTU setting) ... some important questions:
- relative frequency of posting (min required/likely max)?
- type of campaign you'd like to run? (PBEM plays combat slowly if you do it round by round)
- type of characters you're looking for?

Those sorts of things will tend to help people decide if they're interested in joining up.

We've been using Yahoo! Groups, and it's worked quite well for us. If you're curious to see how we've been running it, please feel free to join the main group site at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Travellogue/

Ron

PS: Yahoo! Groups is free. There is a bit of advertising when you look at the posts (on occasion), but it's not a big deal.

Back