• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T20 at GenCon

Big thanks to Flynn for running a fantastic trilogy of T20 at GenCon. I had the opportunity to play in all 3 games and had a blast!

Thanks Again!

John

I finally got to meet Flynn at his first T20 Game, and folks he had a full table!

Shar_leigh, Mark Siefert and I introduced a AdnD3e player to T20, and she did remarkably well-and like Act I/ Cold Fuzion/Gateway, which we were able to run before she turned into a pumpkin, and we crashed at 3am that morning.

Lets here from some more of you who got a taste of Traveller there, okay?

Thanks, John,

I had the best time running those games. I've already posted a brief summary of my experiences at GenCon elsewhere on COTI, but let me take a moment to repost some of the relevant T20 sections here.

The T20 adventures I ran each night all went off very well. The first had seven people, and the night was filled with excitement and exultation as the party worked diligently to save a scientist from death. Hehehe! The party worked together well, both in RP and in combat, and the scenario was a blast!

Friday night's adventure was a little slower, because only three people showed up. Despite their reduced numbers, they did very well. The party took some interesting paths that in essence rewrote part of the adventure, and made the climax very rewarding.

Saturday's game was full at eight players, and the event was a success. After presenting the scenario, the players and their characters leapt to the challenge, and really went to some wild extremes. I don't think I've laughed as much in a long time, and had an outstanding time. The players of that session almost demanded that I return next year with the same pre-gen crew, and run them at a year further down the road. That's cool, and made this Referee feel particularly appreciated for his efforts!

At any rate, all three nights were good gaming, and both Thursday and Saturday were the kind of games where I left thinking to myself "Wow! THAT's the reason I love to game!" If anyone who played in any of those three games reads these words, just let me say that I really enjoyed myself, and think you guys did a fantastic job! It was truely an honor and pleasure to run for you guys!

Now, I'll be writing up these three little gems as a single Epic adventure to send off to Martin for his perusal.

Enjoy,
Flynn

Just wanted to add my two cents worth. Even though I didn't get to join in on your games Flynn, I was listening to one of them with Liam at a nearby table. Everybody seemed to be having great fun and working things out as a group.

Hope you do run things next year so that I can join in.

I know that I certainly enjoyed running in a game with Liam and Mark and seeing a new person (even newer than I am to this) get excited about Traveller.

Shar_leigh

Gaming... Oh yeah, the whole reason behind the Con. I usually don't get any gaming in. I'm working the Exhibitor's Hall during the day and recovering from the hall at night... With the added necessity of scrounging up a meal and the odd beer!
I did get to spend a good bit of time at QLI's booth, since they were so close, but as Liam pointed out, QLI wasn't there. The 'Army of One' was. They were recruiting and showing off their multi-play FPS game. Way Kewl! Plus it offered a good view of "Pirate-Girl" Arrrr, matie!

I did trade a Krispy Kreme to Liam for a White Choclate Chip Cookie... I got the better part of that deal. Good to get some FtF time in, duder! Were you jazzed about the Con or was there a hefty dose of coffee juice flowing in your veins?
Did You get a chance to check out the proggy? FM 7.0. Ed has added new SciFi icons for starship deckplans...

Originally posted by Mythmere:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I did trade a Krispy Kreme to Liam for a White Choclate Chip Cookie... I got the better part of that deal.
You traded a Krispy Kreme for a cookie?
file_28.gif
</font>[/QUOTE]I made my original save vs. charm when Krispy Kreme first came onto the scene. I am immune to them.

"Time to make the donuts."

I must apologize for not being able to meet up with anyone at Gencon.

Gencon was an ODD thing this year.

I lost Liam's number and I could not call him. He did not call me. He probably did'nt want to buy me my cheeseburgers.

I was so tired most days that I completely forgot about the T20 games being run. I'm not sure HOW that happend, but it did. Go figure!

so for missing that, I apologize.

All in all, I had a good time. IT was loud and boisterous and a Gencon.

Bruce
The Man Who Missed the T20 Games

Originally posted by Flynn:
Thanks, John,

I had the best time running those games. I've already posted a brief summary of my experiences at GenCon elsewhere on COTI, but let me take a moment to repost some of the relevant T20 sections here.

The T20 adventures I ran each night all went off very well. The first had seven people, and the night was filled with excitement and exultation as the party worked diligently to save a scientist from death. Hehehe! The party worked together well, both in RP and in combat, and the scenario was a blast!

Friday night's adventure was a little slower, because only three people showed up. Despite their reduced numbers, they did very well. The party took some interesting paths that in essence rewrote part of the adventure, and made the climax very rewarding.

Saturday's game was full at eight players, and the event was a success. After presenting the scenario, the players and their characters leapt to the challenge, and really went to some wild extremes. I don't think I've laughed as much in a long time, and had an outstanding time. The players of that session almost demanded that I return next year with the same pre-gen crew, and run them at a year further down the road. That's cool, and made this Referee feel particularly appreciated for his efforts!

At any rate, all three nights were good gaming, and both Thursday and Saturday were the kind of games where I left thinking to myself "Wow! THAT's the reason I love to game!" If anyone who played in any of those three games reads these words, just let me say that I really enjoyed myself, and think you guys did a fantastic job! It was truely an honor and pleasure to run for you guys!

Now, I'll be writing up these three little gems as a single Epic adventure to send off to Martin for his perusal.

Enjoy,
Flynn
;)

Originally posted by shar_leigh:
Just wanted to add my two cents worth. Even though I didn't get to join in on your games Flynn, I was listening to one of them with Liam at a nearby table. Everybody seemed to be having great fun and working things out as a group.

Hope you do run things next year so that I can join in.

I know that I certainly enjoyed running in a game with Liam and Mark and seeing a new person (even newer than I am to this) get excited about Traveller.

Shar_leigh
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
High praise milady, <Bows>! Enjoyed the time we had, and the new gamer's delight at something that wasn't "too foreign" to try. Mark, Shar_Leigh, ya'll helped out Wendy to no end-made me job as Gm a lot easier--mucho grande thank yous!

Originally posted by Maspy:
Gaming... Oh yeah, the whole reason behind the Con. I usually don't get any gaming in. I'm working the Exhibitor's Hall during the day and recovering from the hall at night... With the added necessity of scrounging up a meal and the odd beer!
I did get to spend a good bit of time at QLI's booth, since they were so close, but as Liam pointed out, QLI wasn't there. The 'Army of One' was. They were recruiting and showing off their multi-play FPS game. Way Kewl! Plus it offered a good view of "Pirate-Girl" Arrrr, matie!

ARR-Pirate's favorite word. ;) -Aye, the first mate <pirate Girl> was an eyeful. AND gave good Hug <Liam's 5 Star rating>!
file_22.gif

I did trade a Krispy Kreme to Liam for a White Choclate Chip Cookie... I got the better part of that deal.

That's okay, you'll owe me a favor later<grins> ;) !

Good to get some FtF time in, duder! Were you jazzed about the Con or was there a hefty dose of coffee juice flowing in your veins?

BOTH <guilty as charged yer honor>! :D

Did You get a chance to check out the proggy? FM 7.0. Ed has added new SciFi icons for starship deckplans...
DO'H! I forgot!!! Must correct that next time.. :eek: !

Originally posted by Bruce:
I must apologize for not being able to meet up with anyone at Gencon.

Gencon was an ODD thing this year.

I lost Liam's number and I could not call him. He did not call me. He probably did'nt want to buy me my cheeseburgers.

Wrong-Oh my Ancient freind! I had me cell on me at all times. Alas ye lost my number. I lost yours. Aside from Exhibitor's hall, I had no way to locate you. It seems we may have missed each other-. HINT for next time-I wear bells..and walk in SCA Pirate garb..red black and silver.
Some fellow named *bruce* did get his cheeseburgers- guess it wasn't you.<j/k>

I was so tired most days that I completely forgot about the T20 games being run. I'm not sure HOW that happend, but it did. Go figure!

Hmmmm...we need to co-ordinate better next time, methinks. Lor' knows if I'd known ye were there I could have mounted a search fer ye.

so for missing that, I apologize.

Bruce
The Man Who Missed the T20 Games
And missed us, and his cheeseburgers.<innocent look> ;) I forgive ye, Bruce.

Bruce,

No worries about missing the T20 games this year. Had the booth been there, I'd have shown up within the first hour of the dealer's room being opened to remind you guys, in case you wanted to make an appearance.

So, next year, when you're selling all those print versions of various Traveller's Aide supplements and several very cool T20 supplements, you'll have a chance to unwind at my gaming table, if you like, and enjoy an evening of dice and Liam's cheeseburgers. ;)

Take care,
Flynn

Brainstorm for next year's genCon:

A) we all get into one of the adjacent hotels! Bugger the commuting biz! Pay fer parking once!
B) we T20 traveller their socks off!<and ours>
C) Bruce gets his cheeseburgers, if he can squeeze time in for a game and EAT them in front of me as his GM..<now thats sporting isn't it?lol>
D) QLI has a booth there.
E) I get to at least play one game under Flynn as a player, and vis a versa!
F) I bring my mead, rum, and the rest of the bar..non drinkers, by0-obeverage.

What if I eat the cheeseburgers as the GM and you two play in MY game....muahahahah...

Naw, that'd be too much. heh.

I think these are all viable ideas! And yes, rooms near the convention. Commuting and parking were killers.

Bruce
The Man Behind the Curtain

I'd love to play and love to run, as well. Whatever we decide to do, I'm definitely open for some T20 next year. Most likely, I'll probably run at least one scenario, just because I had so much fun doing it this year.

Bringer of T20 to GenCon,
Flynn

Whichever you decide to do, count me in. I had a blast!

John

PS: Yes, the Reaper Pirate Girl was a must-see in the dealer's room. ARRRR indeed.

I'm in for next year! (My wife will have my #$*!&, no saving throw allowed)

I just need to organize my life between now and then....

I might even have something to run by then ;)

Paul Nemeth
AA

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Brainstorm for next year's genCon:

A) we all get into one of the adjacent hotels! Bugger the commuting biz! Pay fer parking once!
B) we T20 traveller their socks off!<and ours>
C) Bruce gets his cheeseburgers, if he can squeeze time in for a game and EAT them in front of me as his GM..<now thats sporting isn't it?lol>
D) QLI has a booth there.
E) I get to at least play one game under Flynn as a player, and vis a versa!
F) I bring my mead, rum, and the rest of the bar..non drinkers, by0-obeverage.
My responses are as follows:

A: AMEN!!! Commuting back and forth to our airport hotel was a real pain!

B: By that time, the TPB will be out and it will attract more folks who want to give T20 a try.

C: Enough with the blasted cheeseburgers ALREADY!

D: Again AMEN!!! By next year you guys may have something to sell. Heck, it may be a good idear for QLI to sponsor a few events. Not just T20, but maybe CT, 2320 (assuming they'll come out with a 2320 Lite like they did for T20), Striker and... ahem... Power Projection (hint hint hint).

E: Not a problem, I just needed to be quicker on the registration than I was this year.

F: Hey, buy next year I may have some mead of my own to contribute. All I need to do is buy the ingridents, clean up my equipment and get cooking.

Originally posted by Bruce:
What if I eat the cheeseburgers as the GM and you two play in MY game....muahahahah...

Naw, that'd be too much. heh.

Agreed. I probably spent as much money on food as i did parking fees! :rolleyes:

I think these are all viable ideas! And yes, rooms near the convention. Commuting and parking were killers.
Also concur. I had purchased chow and beverages and they remained twelve miles away unless I ported some with me in a non cooler device.[ahh union concessions, gotta luv em,<snicker>]

Back