• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Suppliments to your campaign

Murph

SOC-14 1K
I use Cyberpunk 2020, Space Opera, FTL:2448. and several of the GURPs books.

Oh, yes" Megatraveller is one big suppliment, but its history is not to be used at all.

I'm planning on working in some of the cybertech/biotech stuff from Shadowrun that I have laying about.

John

For vehicles, ships, and certain buildings I am not above using old games languishing....Top Secret, Victory Games James Bond RPG., A 1930's RPG in the tradition of I Jones, The Shadow, The Pahntom, etc....all these games have some good plans and materials worth lifting --- esp. for low tech stuff. I responsibly recycle. ;)

Further, I have used histories to raid sources for govenment structure, laws, orders of battle,
[my Imperial Army OOB looks suspiciously like the British Army in 1st World War. So sue me]

Any good listing of the USSR's order of battle in the 2nd World War is great for the Zhodanis too. All those Guards units you know...

Actually, if truth be told, [and I try to avoid that unless the situation is nearly hopeless] I make use of more non-game supplements than game supplements sometimes. It keeps players from spotting where you are borrowing from....

Originally posted by secretagent:
For vehicles, ships, and certain buildings I am not above using old games languishing....Top Secret,
That, MI-5, Sandbaggers, the Man from UNCLE, the Saint, the Agency, and a few others are great inspirations for Espionage games.

Further, I have used histories to raid sources for govenment structure, laws, orders of battle,
[my Imperial Army OOB looks suspiciously like the British Army in 1st World War. So sue me]
That would be out of place - I think that's late 20th Century USA. The correct response in the WW1 time frame would have been to have you socially censured and not invited to the Palace.

Any good listing of the USSR's order of battle in the 2nd World War is great for the Zhodanis too. All those Guards units you know...
Wait a minute.... It's the *Solomani* who look like the Soviet-Red-Commies.... ;)

Actually, if truth be told, [and I try to avoid that unless the situation is nearly hopeless] I make use of more non-game supplements than game supplements sometimes. It keeps players from spotting where you are borrowing from....
Exactly!

In my MT-ish (set in 1114 right now, no idea how the assassination will play out yet) games, I use:

CT, bits of GT, bits of T4, bits of BITS, stuff from the net, home rules, stuff from just about every traveller magazine or publication (even some TNE stuff), stuff from Cyberpunk (and maybe more if I explore the Cybertech aspects a bit more), and stuff from just about any other place I can crib it.

Remember, most of the great stories have been told. So what? Telling them again won't hurt - that's why they're *great*!

Wait a minute.... It's the *Solomani* who look like the Soviet-Red-Commies....
=================================================
I just got the reprint alien modules with Solomani and Solsec seems like the KGB in many ways but they are also somewhat Nazi like. The Zhodani seem like happy commies and the Solomani seem like unhappy commies.

I forgot to mention some things I use as physical props:

- My wonkin' big Advanced Squad Leader set. Need terrain? I have 50+ geomorphic mapboards, plus overlays (and the rubber cement to stick them on) with which I can depict almost any terrain. Waaaaay back in the late 70s or early 80s - before Striker - we used the original Squad Leader with appropriate modifications to resolve large tactical combats.

- I was rooting through my gaming shelves this past weekend and stumbled across the tactical game from Shadowrun, "Downtown Militarized Zone". This features some large fold-out sheets colored asphalt grey on which you can position a number of cardboard building forms - just 2-D layouts, not 3-D models. It's also got some "Cardboard Heroes" style figures and vehicles. Great for depicting urban areas at a tactical scale and you can easily use miniatures on these maps. I'm going to be using it this week as my players have to... well, they'll see.

- Other games which could be useful for this that I no longer possess include the FASA "Renegade Legion" games, Interceptor and Centurion. (Leviathan was a barking dog, though.) Both included some neat combat systems for fighter-sized aircraft and grav vehicles respectively.

John

I've taken bits from just about all those mentioned above.

Recently, I've started converting Battletech resources over for MTU. Not so much the Mechs, but lots of the Dropships, Fighters and Jumpships (minus the sail) converted to Traveller ships.
Also some of the personal equipment and weapons.
For 2D terrain maps, some of the Battletech maps work fine as well.

For quick T20 imports though, I've found lots of goodies to take from D20 Modern, Spycraft, and (just released) Stargate.
They're already D20, so need a minimum (if any) work to convert.

Despasian

Back