• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Space Stations, Any CT designs in any of the books?

DaveChase

SOC-14 1K
Looking for existing SpaceStation designs CT style. Blue prints a bonus but not required.

Thanks in advance

Dave Chase

The ring-shaped research ship is a pretty good orbital station. That's what I use it for, in fact.

carl

CarlP,
Do you know what book that Lab/research ship is in. I remember seeing blueprints for it once but can't remember where

I know where I can find the specs (LOL)

Nice idea BTW CarlP on multiply use of a ship.

I have been working on something similar, but want to see what is already out there first

Dave

Sorry, I don't remember offhand. I'll try and find it.

Meanwhile, I have a set of the plans on my website:

http://www.starbeast.net/Carl/station.htm

I've done some examples of how it might be used for various purposes. It's a 400 ton design, but I envision multiple rings being connected together, hub to hub, for larger stations.

carl

Somehow, the computer ate my reply...

There are official deckplans for Traveller spacestations in Seeker, Hollistic Design, Games Workshop and GDW products (Murder on Arcturus Station and the same deckplan is reproduced in Challenge in a few issues). The above mentioned Lab Ship is also found in Seeker products plus the Argon Gambit.

Dont remember (I would say forget, but I think dont remember is correct) that Group One and Judge Guild did space station adventures.

Originally posted by DaveChase:
CarlP,
Do you know what book that Lab/research ship is in. I remember seeing blueprints for it once but can't remember where

I know where I can find the specs (LOL)

Nice idea BTW CarlP on multiply use of a ship.

I have been working on something similar, but want to see what is already out there first

Dave
that will be "death station" , double adventure 3

. imtu it is orbiting phlume , lanth and manufactued the combat drugs used by ........(removed due to spoiler issues ;) )

FASA Adventure Class Ships II has a large generic space station among the deck plans. FASA also did a much smaller Interdiction Station (an automated station for enforcing Red Zones) for one of their adventures in High Passage 4.

Thanks, all this is very helpful

I found and bought
Fifty Starbases
by Judges Guild

It list the critirea for Orbital Dock, Orbital Station and Orbital Port.

So now a new question

For CT OTU is this info considered correct?

Dave

Burocrate,

Thanks! You made my day.

I've got more design ideas that I'll be putting up. Maybe even some bigger space station designs. :) Right now, though, I'm thinking about doing up a spherical free trader or far trader. (I really love the Golf Ball 100 ton trader. It's inspired me.)

There are some highguard designs for space stations under the thread "useful derelicts" on the COTI TNE list. The thread is rather old so you will need to set your display to show all threads.

Cheers
Richard

The Judges Guild plans appear to be more correct than some of the other Canon designs, just because their background material is decanonized doesn't mean starship deckplans, stats and space stations wouldn't still work. The CT Judges Guild Referee Screen is a wonderful piece of work.

Now getting the Lucifer, Valor, Zhdits to work in the rules is another story. (Forget about the Freedonian Condor SDB and the Chameleon Class Commerce Raider.) But I so love the ships that came out of the Freedonian Air and Space Administration, better known as FASA.

Yah. The Valor resisted my several attempts to get it to the right size, and the Zhdits will take modern tools as well (I last tried a decade ago or more...)

I think I might have a Lucifer scale-up that's close, though it ends up looking a bit stretched.

As for their station (the Eshpadir), it's not really all that large, and functions best if perched atop a cluster of 10k-ton cylinders configured for fuel, cargo, or both. It's really suited as a traffic control/admin component of a larger (but still small) station. It'd make a good fuel depot control deck (orbiting a GG for example).

They have upgraded their website twice in the past two years. THis is apparently the third, but they still aren't making all these deckplans available, which they have been promissing iminent release for the same amount of time. They even claim that they have them in stock but are awaiting inventory and packaging so they can ship, for over a year now. So they don't have time to inventory deckplans that will make them money but they have time to change the face of their website, (three times now) which will do nothing but advertise that they have all these deckplans that they won't sell anyone. I don't get it.

I personally gave up. I spent the money I was considering sending them on CC2, and Cosmographer, and I will just take my old copies of their stuff and draw them myself. It will take less time and be in a format I can use in my online campaign.

Yup, I am extremely skeptical about Seeker. I was wondering if anyone has had success ordering from them? Not counting eBay, as they claim that is a separate group of individuals.

Back