• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Solomani fixed mounts

mjwest

SOC-9
I have a question:

I have seen some references to the "Solomani fixed mounts" as a ship design point. What are those rules?

(I would just find and buy a copy of Mod6, but I am just not willing to pay $20+ to get it.)

Thanks.

A fixed mount takes up a hardpoint, but does NOT require a turret or any fire control tonnage (which means no volume at all). A fixed mount may have up to two weapons, and is fired from the Bridge with an Attack DM of -2. You may not have more fixed mounts than your Computer rating (Model/2 allows for 2 hardpoints to have fixed mounts), and there is no mention that a "bis" upgrade counts higher...

Obviously, this rule only works in CT and MT without caveat. I've never seen a TNE or T4 version of it as applied to the Solomani, and I don't know G:T well enough to comment. T5 and T20 remain to be seen...

Thanks for the reply. I guess the advantage is that not only do you not have to pay tonnage, but you end up saving the costs of having a gunner too?

(Just for clarification: the two weapon limit means that it is effectively a dual turret; right?)

Re: the 'bis' computers. From the way they are described, the bis only allows a jump of one higher. For all other intents and purposes, it is at its number level. (I.e. a 2bis allows a jump three, but is level 2 for everything else.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mjwest:
Thanks for the reply. I guess the advantage is that not only do you not have to pay tonnage, but you end up saving the costs of having a gunner too?

(Just for clarification: the two weapon limit means that it is effectively a dual turret; right?)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Single or dual, yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
Re: the 'bis' computers. From the way they are described, the bis only allows a jump of one higher. For all other intents and purposes, it is at its number level. (I.e. a 2bis allows a jump three, but is level 2 for everything else.)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also the case in the standard design rules, but when you add another computer-dependent feature to those rules you want to make sure you know which special conditions apply.

Back