• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

SF Basic Roleplaying

P

Pickles

I hope I'm not stepping on Hunter's toes by touting another website in these forums, but there are moves afoot to generate ideas for an SF version of Chaosium's Basic Roleplaying System . Currently, the default background is Cthulhu Rising, but the intent is to create something which is useable in any setting, i.e. Traveller. ;)

The discussion is on the BRP System Yahoo group. It would be great to get some input from the rules-gurus here. You know who you are!

I noticed you posted something on rpg.net a few days ago about you using BRP to run Traveller for the last decade or so ;)

I used the Twilight 2000 first edition rules for many years to run T2300 and a MT-like game.

It's similar to BRP in a way - % dice, roll under etc.

I finally posted PDFs of my (pitifully few) remaining BRP firearms tables on the group files. I'm currently going through Striker book 3 and writing up tables for the weapons therein. Kind of retro-tech when compared to modern firearms technology, but hey - I'm getting nostalgic in my old age.

EDIT: That's two decades ...
file_28.gif

Hi again... he's a Traveller player who's also into RuneQuest and has been slowly converting Traveller weapon data over to BRP-compatible numbers.

Back