• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

seekergamingsystems.com

Does anybody know what in heaven's name these people are producing for Traveller? I asked them via email about a year ago and the reply was "Check our website in a week." It looks like maybe they will be producing/reprinting deck plans, or posters, or who knows what. Now they have a new message up about "We are just about ready to update this section as it is long over do. [We'll be up by] 5 June 03..." which is clearly wishful thinking.

Just wondering.

Back in the late 80s-early 90s they produced a line of Traveller deckplans in 15mm & 25mm scale. They produced plans for most/all of the ships from Traders & Gunboats that were generally very nice looking and useful (much better IMO than the oversized & overpriced SJG plans). Around the time TNE was released they disappeared and then resurfaced a year or so ago selling off old stock via ebay. They've been promising the whole time that they're about to introduce a new line of deckplans & posters (Safari ship & Survey ship were listed as the first of the new line), but they haven't done so yet. If and when they do actually release anything new I'll probably buy it, but I'm not holding my breath.

They've been promising the whole time that they're about to introduce a new line of deckplans & posters (Safari ship & Survey ship were listed as the first of the new line), but they haven't done so yet.
Thanks! Dude, you are encyclopedic. Let's hope they start selling soon.

I was bored and stopped by the seeker website this afternoon just to see if anything had changed in the last few months, and was a little surprised to see that a lot actually *had* changed. The Seeker site is now listing a large product-line of releases -- a wide array of posters, reprints of the 'classic' products (FASA deckplans, Marischal folios, & 15mm Seeker deckplans from the 80s), and several new deckplan sets. The way these are described on the site makes it look like these have been gradual releases starting in 2001 and continuing to the present. There's only one problem though ... AFAICT none of these products have ever actually been released (and there's no way to order them off the site).

Just to make sure I wasn't imagining things I checked ebay and sure enough Seeker is still selling stuff there, but it's the same FASA deckplans, Marischal folios, & 15mm Seeker deckplan sets from the 80s they've been selling for the past year or so -- no sign of the redesigned 'collector's edition' reprints or new products advertised on their site.

So what gives? Is Seeker still planning an imminent release of all these products that their website claims were released 1-2 years ago? Is Stafford Greene living in some alternate reality where these products really were released? Or am I the crazy one? So does anybody know what's actually going on here? I ask because I'm curious, but also because I REALLY want those new deckplan sets that the site claims were released in early 2003 -- Free Trader, Safari Ship, Survey Ship, Subsidized Liner, Yacht, Kinunir Class -- and if there's some way to actually get them I want to know about it! :D

I sent them an email a couple of months ago. In response, it only took a couple of weeks to respond, tehy told me that they were about to get the plans out for sale. Keep checking the website.

They have the rights to all the old FASA stuff plus their own. How hard can it be to print the stuff? Basically all they need is a website order package, (There are dozens available cheap.) and a laser printer. I mean really. It isn't like they have to print anything new. I would kill for the Adventure Class ships, the Aslan Mercenary Cruisers and the Merchant Class ships to be available again.

Time will tell.

Originally posted by T. Foster:
I was bored and stopped by the seeker website this afternoon just to see if anything had changed in the last few months, and was a little surprised to see that a lot actually *had* changed. The Seeker site is now listing a large product-line of releases -- a wide array of posters, reprints of the 'classic' products (FASA deckplans, Marischal folios, & 15mm Seeker deckplans from the 80s), and several new deckplan sets. The way these are described on the site makes it look like these have been gradual releases starting in 2001 and continuing to the present. There's only one problem though ... AFAICT none of these products have ever actually been released (and there's no way to order them off the site).

Just to make sure I wasn't imagining things I checked ebay and sure enough Seeker is still selling stuff there, but it's the same FASA deckplans, Marischal folios, & 15mm Seeker deckplan sets from the 80s they've been selling for the past year or so -- no sign of the redesigned 'collector's edition' reprints or new products advertised on their site.

So what gives? Is Seeker still planning an imminent release of all these products that their website claims were released 1-2 years ago? Is Stafford Greene living in some alternate reality where these products really were released? Or am I the crazy one? So does anybody know what's actually going on here? I ask because I'm curious, but also because I REALLY want those new deckplan sets that the site claims were released in early 2003 -- Free Trader, Safari Ship, Survey Ship, Subsidized Liner, Yacht, Kinunir Class -- and if there's some way to actually get them I want to know about it! :D

Patience Grasshopper, the wheels of finance can move very slow...

From the website Seeker promise 25mm deckplans of the Kinunir - how cool is that!

Originally posted by Bhoins:
[QB] I sent them an email a couple of months ago. In response, it only took a couple of weeks to respond, tehy told me that they were about to get the plans out for sale. Keep checking the website.

They have the rights to all the old FASA stuff plus their own. How hard can it be to print the stuff? Basically all they need is a website order package, (There are dozens available cheap.) and a laser printer. I mean really. It isn't like they have to print anything new. I would kill for the Adventure Class ships, the Aslan Mercenary Cruisers and the Merchant Class ships to be available again.

Hi
Try here if you want Adventure Class ships Vol II
http://www.sovereigngames.com/AdventureClassVolII.htm

Originally posted by Bhoins:
They have the rights to all the old FASA stuff....
IIRC the Far Future website indicated that Marc had acquired these rights.

My pet theory - Mr. Green really wants to do more Traveller products - but he doesn't have the funds and is having a lot of trouble getting backing.

I'd love to be ble to buy some of the newer plans and the Keith posters shown on the site..... but it's vapour until I see some paper :D

I have dealt with Seeker via e-bay and was quite satisfied with my purchase.

--michael

They bought the rights to the old deckplans and other Traveller Stuff FASA produced from FASA when FASA got out of the Traveller business. Unless Marc bought them from Seeker. It is of course possible. Perhaps FASA sold the rights twice.

Originally posted by theSea:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bhoins:
They have the rights to all the old FASA stuff....
IIRC the Far Future website indicated that Marc had acquired these rights.

My pet theory - Mr. Green really wants to do more Traveller products - but he doesn't have the funds and is having a lot of trouble getting backing.

I'd love to be ble to buy some of the newer plans and the Keith posters shown on the site..... but it's vapour until I see some paper :D

I have dealt with Seeker via e-bay and was quite satisfied with my purchase.

--michael
</font>[/QUOTE]

Well, I dropped by the site again today to see if it was still even there ... and lo and behold, it's been redesigned and shows signs of actual activity. I'm still not sure if these people are actually selling anything yet, however. And the home page reads, "we hope to have all products listed here and available for purchase by the end of the month," but neglects to mention which month (or year) that is ...

i dont know but maybe they're waiting for all to be done to sell or they are going to sell them all at once in a boxed set or something.

If you go into the specific menues it looks like you can actually order stuff. They have a shopping cart system set up.

Seeker seems to operation in Biblical terms...if one day was but a thousand years. As they promise many great things but no real means to back them up.

They have been active on eBay selling their wares but they are very cagey about talking about the new products that they promise. And their prices nowhere reflects reality, as witnessed on their eBay offering...nobody ever bids on them (starting price is avg: 75US$.

Back