• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Saving T5 or How to make an old Traveller actually accept and like T5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a personal opinion and not an attack - So far I find that most people that have issues the mechanics of T5 feel the idea is that T5 must be an evolution of CT and Mega and not a revolution which is basically what T5 is

No one I know that rejects T5 feels that way. Pretty much the consensus is of the 15 or so people I play with/know is that T5 was an unfinished manuscript. A tool box with missing parts, incomplete parts, inadequate documentation and needing more errata than any RPG in the history of RPGs. Still for me a COMPLETE mystery as to how any person in the universe could have sent this to the printers thinking it was a finished product.

Personally I was hoping for a whole new rules angle. Didn't get that either.

[m;]Thread Closed[/m;]

This discussion appears to no longer be about "Making an old Traveller accept T5".
It seems less effort for me to lock the topic than to issue all of the warnings and infractions that recent activity warrants.

Rule 1) No personal attacks.
You may attack ideas, subjects, or documentation. However you will not get personal at all.

Rule 6) Do not undertake any action to the detriment of the community
(this is vague so there can be no loopholes).
The list of forbidden actions includes, but is not limited to:

Trashing other forums, games, companies, or their products. Constructive criticism of such is allowed of course, but there can be a fine line between constructive criticism and trashing. What you think is acceptable may not be to others. If you think it might be borderline, don't post it. And don't complain if you do and you get called on it by a moderator.

Responding to snark or insults with snark or insults...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back