• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Robot speeds

Evening AaronKohura,

Here is my best guess, which probably is out in left field>

I would have to say that top speed is dependent on the robot's weight and the number of EPs applied.

First you need to know the Thrust (TH) Requirement for the Chassis size which is found on THB p. 235 Chassis Size Table. Next you need to know the TH output for legs which is found on THB p. 238 Legs (Vehicle Drive Train Table p. 239) gives legs a Thrust (TH) output of 15 per 1 EP applied. Finally, p. 253 shows the formula for calculating vehicle speeds.

Originally posted by AaronKohura:
What is the top speed for humanesque and humaniform chassis in vehicle designs?

That's not what I was asking about. The various chassis configurations listed on page 237 all have a maximum safe speed listed for the various types, and a penalty for exceeding that speed. All except the humaniform and humanesque chassis configurations. What I need to know is the maximum safe speeds for these types, and the penalties to the control check for exceeding it.

Hello AaronKohura,

See I told you I was out in left field, but at least I took a swing. ;)

Originally posted by AaronKohura:
That's not what I was asking about. The various chassis configurations listed on page 237 all have a maximum safe speed listed for the various types, and a penalty for exceeding that speed. All except the humaniform and humanesque chassis configurations. What I need to know is the maximum safe speeds for these types, and the penalties to the control check for exceeding it.

I'm gonna guess that there is no 'official' maximum speed for these chassis types. They're intended to be used for robots, that are supposed to be comparable in speed to humans. So the 'Powers that Be' probably figured they wouldn't NEED to list a maximum speed. Just out of curiosity, are you planning a grav-powered robot Superman or what? (Serious question) Hmm, that could be interesting.

No, just trying to muddle through the making of a spreadsheet for vehicle creation. Turns out I may need to use something more powerful than Excel, because of all the variables, especially in weapons. :(

I concur with Borodin, the humanesque and humaniform frame modifiers don't have a maximum speed listed, the use the standard chassis form.

This does imply you can add both the (for example) airframe chassis and the humaniform chassis to the same vehicle.

Back