• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

{REVIEWS} Two Reviews of TA1

hunter

Ancient - Absent Friend
RPG.net has two reviews of Traveller's Aide #1 posted. One is a positive review (thanks DrSkull!), the other well lets just say it is short and to the point on what the reviewer thinks
frown.gif

Here are both for your viewing pleasure, I'll let you decide:

The Good

The Not So Good

Hunter

I am pleased with my purchase of TA1, but I agree regarding the background color - even printing at low quality it took forever. Glad to see that it will be addressed

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Malakor:
I am pleased with my purchase of TA1, but I agree regarding the background color - even printing at low quality it took forever. Glad to see that it will be addressed<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto.

On the "Not So Good" Review - are there any plans to for racially specific weapons? It wasn't part of my expectations, but now that it has been mentioned, I think it would be material of interest.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smiling DM:

On the "Not So Good" Review - are there any plans to for racially specific weapons? It wasn't part of my expectations, but now that it has been mentioned, I think it would be material of interest.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For that matter, any more discussion of "universal" weapons? I was amused by the staple gun concept in TA1, but thought an illustration would have helped a lot. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.

I think racially specific wepaons probably belong with detailed coverage of specific races. Rather than a TA on "wepons of the Aslan," let's have a book on Aslan in general, with a few race-specific weapons (and equipment, starships, etc) included.

This was my thought too - alien gear should go in the Aliens books.

.. what aliens books...?

Gah another not so good review! Can those of you who DID like the product post a couple of counter opinions for us?

RPGNow Review

Hunter

[This message has been edited by hunter (edited 01 May 2002).]

To make you feel better, both of these bad reviews were because the reviewer was looking for "More Guns! for D20" and not a lot of Traveller color text.

Hunter,

You should change the link above as it logs people onto the rpgnow.com web site as you.

I just went there and reviewed TA1 but the review showed up as being written by you not me
frown.gif

Mark.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MarkMitford:
Hunter,

You should change the link above as it logs people onto the rpgnow.com web site as you.

I just went there and reviewed TA1 but the review showed up as being written by you not me
frown.gif

Mark.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DOH! Got it fixed. I'll contact RPGNow and see if I can get that one review removed.

Hunter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MarkMitford:
frown.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They got it removed and left your correct one. Thanks for the review!

Hunter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:
Can those of you who DID like the product post a couple of counter opinions for us?

RPGNow Review

B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done - what I consider a fair review - sorry it isn't a total gush.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smiling DM:
Done - what I consider a fair review - sorry it isn't a total gush.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many Thanks!

Hunter

Hunter,

Even though people do not like to get less then glowing reviews, sometimes they have merrit. Are there things in these reviews you agree with? Do you feel they are unfair or just not what you would have liked to hear?

I myself was not going to get the PDF until the rules are out so the reviews did not effect me either way.

dafrca

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dafrca:
Hunter,

Even though people do not like to get less then glowing reviews, sometimes they have merrit. Are there things in these reviews you agree with? Do you feel they are unfair or just not what you would have liked to hear?

I myself was not going to get the PDF until the rules are out so the reviews did not effect me either way.

dafrca
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad reviews are part of the business, we understand that and accept that (though don't have to like em!). These first two bad reviews though (IMO) weren't so much reviews as rants because the product didn't have what they expected in it (the second 'bad' review was better than the first though).

In the other reviews most all mentioned the problem of the background color and that the T20 weapons should have been tabled out. Both criticisms I see as quite valid, and something we can correct in an update of the product or change in future issues.

On top of this, hell yeah we wanted some good reviews out there to point too!
wink.gif

Hunter

Yes - Kill the colored background.
Yes - I liked the product and it did live up to my expectations.

I would like to see issues on alien races which should include wepaons and vehicles.

I enjoyed the comments by individuals of the Traveller universe (Lt-Colonel Boris Maskaanii, Peter Helmden, Lt-Commander The Lord Heten Morvey, Baron Kaiston). Also noted is the commentary on Imperial Marine use of the cutlass.

Keep up the good work!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow Bear:
Yes - Kill the colored background.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Starting with the next issue, two versions will be made available, a printable version without a background but 2-columned, and a screen version with background but single columned. This should keep it easy to read on screen, and save paper and ink when printed.

You will be able to get either one or both, there is no extra charge or anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
Yes - I liked the product and it did live up to my expectations.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to hear it and thanks for letting us know!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
I would like to see issues on alien races which should include wepaons and vehicles.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't say when they will come but they will. And will include race specific equipment also.

Hunter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:
Starting with the next issue, two versions will be made available, a printable version without a background but 2-columned, and a screen version with background but single columned. This should keep it easy to read on screen, and save paper and ink when printed.

You will be able to get either one or both, there is no extra charge or anything.
Hunter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's great! Thanks a lot! I love the way you continue to listen and respond to your customer suggestions, aces!

No way you could do it for the first issue eh? I'd do it for you if its a time issue what with T20 and the next TA issue but I'm not sure what would be involved.

Back