• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Recoil

Could somebody point me in the direction as to where I might find an explanation of the recoil rule. Whilst it is listed against some weapons I can find no reference to it in the body of the rules - or am I just missing it?

many thanks in advance

Originally posted by Andrew:
Could somebody point me in the direction as to where I might find an explanation of the recoil rule. Whilst it is listed against some weapons I can find no reference to it in the body of the rules - or am I just missing it?

many thanks in advance
It's mentioned somewhere in the Combat chapter I think - there is a small table that talks about low/high gravity modifiers to skills/combat, and one of the items on the table is a modifier to use if the weapon has recoil (-2?). I think that's it. I don't think there's anything like the GURPS rule where the recoil accumulates per shot in a round,
although I guess you could houserule that.

Maybe it would be a reasonable tweak to give listed weapons different recoil ratings? Any ideas for values?

Sorry I can't be more specific, don't have the book handy!

cheers,

Mark

p154, lower left corner. Weapons with Recoil suffer a -2 penalty when fired in Low gravity conditions (0.7 G or lower). This is in addition to low gravity penalties on rolls that can be removed/reduced with the Zero-G/Low-G feats.

Back