• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

QLI's T20 2300AD sourcebook

Hunter et al,

Is the 2300AD sourcebook for T20 going to be a 3D mapped universe (ala 2300AD itself) are is it going to be a 2D mapped universe (ala Traveller)?

Kerry

Originally posted by Kerry Harrison:
Hunter et al,

Is the 2300AD sourcebook for T20 going to be a 3D mapped universe (ala 2300AD itself) are is it going to be a 2D mapped universe (ala Traveller)?

Kerry
Gosh I hope so, but will it use the new up to date star catalgue...

And does anyone know when that will become obselete?

Ben :D

Big problem with using a new stellar catalog is that it may change the astrography enough that the political development is really different. If there's no French Arm or it turns out the Amerian Arm isn't closed, then you have major problems. And as you say, it'll just be outdated again pretty soon. Might as well stick to the old one, acknowledging that it's not 100% accurate.

Originally posted by Tom Schoene:
Big problem with using a new stellar catalog is that it may change the astrography enough that the political development is really different. If there's no French Arm or it turns out the Amerian Arm isn't closed, then you have major problems. And as you say, it'll just be outdated again pretty soon. Might as well stick to the old one, acknowledging that it's not 100% accurate.
Particularly if one continues to use the Twilight War as a point of departure for the future history.

I like the French Empire far too much to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Ben

Originally posted by Kerry Harrison:
Hunter et al,

Kerry
Well, to quote the Call for Authors entry for the 2300AD book:

2300AD
An Alternate Traveller Universe
This book will bring the 2300AD setting to the Traveller20 ruleset. The author must be very familiar with both the 2300AD setting and the T20 rules from the Traveller's Handbook. The book will be heavy on setting and campaign material and light on mechanics. Only those changes needed to preserve the flavor and feel of the original game should be made to the base Traveller20 rules.

Size: 196-pages, 147,000 words.
First Draft Due: within 6-12 months of acceptance.
Required Materials: The Traveller's Handbook, 2300AD
That sounds to me like keeping the original Near Star List and using 3-D Astrography, but I presume in the end it depends what is pitched to QLI...

Back