• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

QLI SUPPLIES TO UK

HUNTER/MARTIN/WHOEVER ; not sure where to post this but there seem to be problems getting books in the uk. for example, i know several people who would like to buy gateway but leisure games and others say they cannot get copies to sell .

i'm sure we are a small market compared to the u.s. but this much neglect will kill sales totally.

these people have also lost confidence completely in ordering direct due to problems in the past , including non-delivery of items paid for followed by complete lack of response to communications about this. i have had problems ordering too .

there were demo games being run at dragonmeet the other day ..... needless to say , these did not convert into sales .

these comments are meant to be constructive. personally , i already have the books i want as i ordered immediately on release.

I did stumble across a copy of the Gateway book in The Games Shop in Aldershot last week. Seeing as they are closely liked with Esdevium Games, one would hope that meant Esdevium are distributing the products in the UK.

But if Leisure Games can't get stock, then things must be bad (I've known the owner of Leisure Games for 15+ years, so am possible biased in my opinion
).

Hope this situation can get sorted.

- Neil.

Originally posted by hirch duckfinder:
HUNTER/MARTIN/WHOEVER ;

these people have also lost confidence completely in ordering direct due to problems in the past , including non-delivery of items paid for followed by complete lack of response to communications about this. i have had problems ordering too .
I'm sorry to say Englands not alone on this. Admittedly it's been a few months since I went into my FLGS but they only had one T20 book there last time I went.
What gives me most grief however is that I seem to be amongst those "others" Hirch refers to who have lost faith in ordering direct. I've ordered and paid for Diaspora Phoenix in April of this year and am still yet to see my copy. Having sent an email three days ago and not yet had a reply wrt this either, isn't exactly making me any happier.

Travelling Man are your friends (if you are in the UK), they are generally very helpful (http://www.travellingman.com/store/), do good mail order rates as well as having shops all over the country, and will order stuff specifically for you.

I picked up all my QLI Traveller stuff from the York branch, and that included the Gateway Domain sourcebook.

Cheers,

Nick Middleton

I was going to order the Gateway book from Leisure Games only to discover that they didn't have it in stock. I managed to order it from Orc's Nest instead.

But in general it does seem like I have to look pretty hard to find any T20 products available in the UK.

In Newcastle upon Tyne, as of last weekend, both Forbidden Planet and Travelling Man had all the QLI print products in stock between them.
Both had the T20 rules, Gateway, and the Referee's screen, while FP also has TA1 in stock.

travelling man only have jtas yellow and gurps nobles in their online store . i suspect the copies you saw in various places were still left from the initial distribution . question is whether they can re-stock.

Originally posted by hirch duckfinder:
travelling man only have jtas yellow and gurps nobles in their online store . i suspect the copies you saw in various places were still left from the initial distribution . question is whether they can re-stock.
Phone 'em - every time I have wanted something after it disappeared from the shelves they have been very good at ordering for me, including things I expected them to have issues getting.

I will have words with the chap who does their website as it's not hugely representative of either what's in store or of what they can order...

Cheers,

Nick Middleton

Esdevium distrubuted Gateway in the UK. It appeared on their release sheets and they supplied it to the shops I know of, which is where I got it. This is the first I've heard of problems getting the stuff.

Back