• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Profession skill

Hi all,

I've recently gotten hold of a copy of T20 and while reading through the rules, I stumbled upon the description of the "Profession" skill. On page 80 the description reads "When this skill is selected, the character immediately must pick a specific profession that is represented by the skill. This skill may be taken any number of times, but each selection must be in a new profession".

While the first sentence is perfectly clear, however, I do not understand why a character cannot acquire several ranks in the same profession skill (eg. P/Administration) as stated in the second sentence. Or am I reading the skill description wrong?

Later,
aS:)

I expect that second sentence (not clearly worded) was intended to make clear that one can take P/Survey as well as P/Administration, for example. Examples of more than one rank in professional skills abound.

Originally posted by Nefilim306:
Hi all,

I've recently gotten hold of a copy of T20 and while reading through the rules, I stumbled upon the description of the "Profession" skill. On page 80 the description reads "When this skill is selected, the character immediately must pick a specific profession that is represented by the skill. This skill may be taken any number of times, but each selection must be in a new profession".

While the first sentence is perfectly clear, however, I do not understand why a character cannot acquire several ranks in the same profession skill (eg. P/Administration) as stated in the second sentence. Or am I reading the skill description wrong?

Later,
aS:)
If you want a new 'Profession' skill you must immediately note what that Profession will be. Otherwise you can develop an existing specific Profession skill you already have ranks in.

Hunter

Back