• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Powell Class Modular Scout

Not bad at all

Are you going to add textures?

No, I really don't have that capability. I am using an engineering tool, not a graphics tool. I can add textures, but it tends to look cheesy.

Yah, It kinda has that Missisippi barge tug look to it. Credit for the design has to go to Brooke.

I am curious though. Brooke's Deckplans has the diameter of the cutter module at 7 meters. I always put the cutter diameter at 6 meters. Note that I had to add a bulge just behind there bridge to cover the upper part of the module

I really like it Egapiller! Mind if I use it?

I did rather have a tugboat/barge boat thing in mind. A working boat without particular atention to pretty lines.

Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
That's a seriously ugly ship...
T&G gives 6m diameter.
I came up with the thing for a GURPS contest and they use 7m diameter for GURPS cutter modules.

I figure there are probably competing modular cutter designs out.

One of these days I might do the redesign for 6m modules. Also, I think I'll move the fuel out to a pair of wings.

I came up with the thing for a GURPS contest and they use 7m diameter for GURPS cutter modules.

Ahh! Steve Jackson Mischief!

Go ahead and use it. I'd be pleased as punch.

How does this look for a winged version of the modular scout. I've moved the fuel tankage off the top and out into the wings.

modularscoutwing.png

:cool:

I would suggest that more angular leading and trailing edges would be more keeping with the original concept. Shorter and more rakeds

Back