• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Posting of Home Grown Task System?

A while back, on the Status of T5 thread, I mentioned our gaming groups task system.

I have put the time in to edit it down into a 'beta' format. It is not beta in use but in description.
You have to understand that I am a computer systems engineer by trade and as such, my use of the english language has degraded with time (plus I think I failed a few aging rolls).

So, the system works, and has been in use for awhile. This means that the following questions have yet to be asked.

A) Should I post what I have onto a separite thread on this board?

B) If I keep the thread on this board, should I move it into a different area of the board instead of the Traveller5 area (and if so, where should it be moved to?)

C) If I should move it off board, who will host the files for others to view.

Once a few people have looked it over and pelted me with questions so that the wording is improved I will post a finished version.

best regards

Dalton

Dalton,

Downport might be quite happy giving you a chunk of space for hosting Traveller-related stuff. Give Colin a shout and see.

Originally posted by robject:
Dalton,

Downport might be quite happy giving you a chunk of space for hosting Traveller-related stuff. Give Colin a shout and see.
My only fear is that my lack of elequence will not give the ideas being presented a proper hearing.
If I take it off site, it is too easy to get lost in all the shuffle.
If we keep in on a forum dedicated to Traveller stuff until the editing is complete, then put it onto a regular site as a free resource, then it would have a better chance to be properly described.

best regards

Dalton

Dalton,

That's an excellent point. It sounds like you've thought out a good game plan, in fact.

If the task system is useful in any Traveller rules set, then I'd suggest moving the discussion to one of the public forums here.

At the same time, it's not a bad idea to ask Downport for the space, where you can post the most current version, which can be updated in parallel with the discussions on the forum.

What forum should I post it in?
Any suggestions?

I am ready to do some cut and paste immediately to get the ball rolling.

best regards

Dalton

Post it where it fits: the D20, Classic, MT,or if it's fairly generic, why not Lone Star? I'm always interested in crunchy stuff for task resolution.

Oops, the IMTU section would be my second, and best guess ...

So, IMTU sounds right, since it would work with all rules except maybe T20.

Moving the conversation over to IMTU with the Thread Name DALTON:HOME TASK SYSTEM

I think that would be the proper place.
If I get any complaints, I will change it appropriately.

best regards

Dalton

Back