• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Plasma/Fusion Weapons

Does anyone know the proper weights for the PGMP-14, FGMP-14, & FGMP-15?

The info given on page 200 of the THB doesn't seem correct.

If it was taken directly from CT, it could be a mistake.

I vaguely remember some errata from back then. I believe the correct info is as follows:

PGMP-14 Weight: 9kg/500g Ammo Weight: 16kg/900g
FGMP-14 Weight: 10kg Ammo Weight: 9kg
FGMP-15 Weight: 10kg/500g Ammo Weight: 20kg/1100g

I don't know if the above weights are right, but they seem to be correct when you compare them to the other weapons in the chart. Otherwise the FGMP-15 with power pack would weigh less than a Gauss Rifle. And that's before you turn on the anti-grav system. Considering that it's more powerful than many vehicle weapons, that doesn't seem right.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

:confused:

Or "they" haven't seen it yet, or are still looking up the answer. Don't let the question go unanswered if you must have an official answer, keep bumping it up. Oh, and check the newest errata, you never know.

In the past any unanswered questions I've seen where no answer was forthcoming, but reasonable suggestions were proposed in the question, I took to mean the suggestion was the best possible answer. Simplistic perhaps but it does allow one to move on.

Don't have resources available to me right now, but from a quick glance they do seem a tad heavy. I would lighten them a bit keeping in mind that the pgmp-14 and fgmp-15 are supposed to be exclusive to battledress (think it's those two, going off memory) so they would likely be heavier for expanded ammo capacity.

Hello again LordRhys,

From MT:Imperial Encyclopedia copy right 1987 1st printing Weapons Prices Table p. 75

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Weapon Unloaded Ammo
Weight Weight
PGMP-14 1.0 kg 1.60 kg
FGMP-14 10.0 kg 9.00 kg
FGMP-15 1.0 kg 2.00 kg</pre>[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by LordRhys:
Does anyone know the proper weights for the PGMP-14, FGMP-14, & FGMP-15?

The info given on page 200 of the THB doesn't seem correct.

If it was taken directly from CT, it could be a mistake.

I vaguely remember some errata from back then. I believe the correct info is as follows:

PGMP-14 Weight: 9kg/500g Ammo Weight: 16kg/900g
FGMP-14 Weight: 10kg Ammo Weight: 9kg
FGMP-15 Weight: 10kg/500g Ammo Weight: 20kg/1100g

I don't know if the above weights are right, but they seem to be correct when you compare them to the other weapons in the chart. Otherwise the FGMP-15 with power pack would weigh less than a Gauss Rifle. And that's before you turn on the anti-grav system. Considering that it's more powerful than many vehicle weapons, that doesn't seem right.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

:confused:

I believe that MT:Imperial Encyclopedia copied the original incorrect tables from CT. If I remember correctly there was an errata sheet with some CT boxed Striker sets that gave the correct info, possibly was in a JTAS also.

I last had a discussion about this about 20 years ago, so details are hazy. Unfortunately all my LBB's died in a flood quite some time ago, and there were only a few survivors.

:cool:

Hello again LordRhys,

From Striker Rule Book 3 Equipment copyright 1981, 5th printing p. 31.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">TL Weapon Weight
14 PGMP-14 1/9**
14 FGMP-14 10/80
15 FGMP-15 1/2**</pre>[/QUOTE]**Weights given are when gravitic field generator is on. When off, multiply weight by 10.

Note that Striker is designed for miniature war gaming with statistics and other numbers tweaked for gaming purposes.

Another note, after posting this information I noticed that the Striker Table indicated weith with the gravitic generator (GG) on, which is close to the MT weight. Best guess MT weight is with GG on and the correction factor of 10 when GG is off was omitted.

I believe that MT:Imperial Encyclopedia copied the original incorrect tables from CT. If I remember correctly there was an errata sheet with some CT boxed Striker sets that gave the correct info, possibly was in a JTAS also.

I last had a discussion about this about 20 years ago, so details are hazy. Unfortunately all my LBB's died in a flood quite some time ago, and there were only a few survivors.

You are welcome, have you had a chance to check out the other post concerning the splitting of a weapon yet.

snrdg (aka Thomas Rux)

Thanks alot!

I'll have to write up some corrected info and post them when I have a chance.

Back