• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Passenger/Crew Accomodations

GBoyett

SOC-14 1K
Is there an established rule, in T20 or D20, that handles scaling staterooms and workstations? The items in T20 are for human/medium size occupants. I'm wondering what the rule for handling the smaller or larger people.

I don't think it's explicit anywhere, but D20 has a scale modifier for the smaller/larger creatures:

Large x1.5
Huge x2
Gargantuaan x4
and so on.

Since Starship/vehicles are in volumes (not linear sizes), I'd suggest mulipliying by the cube of the above linear muliples:

Large: x3.5
Huge: x8
Gargantuan: x64
And so on.

Originally posted by tjoneslo:
I don't think it's explicit anywhere, but D20 has a scale modifier for the smaller/larger creatures:

Large x1.5
Huge x2
Gargantuaan x4
and so on.

Since Starship/vehicles are in volumes (not linear sizes), I'd suggest mulipliying by the cube of the above linear muliples:

Large: x3.5
Huge: x8
Gargantuan: x64
And so on.
That's something to use. I need to play with the numbers

The original Virushi article from JTAS stated that Virushi's can fit in a normal cabin with some stoically endured discomfort. But, Virushis normally pay to have a double cabin by paying for two cabins and paying for the partition between them to be removed and installing Virushi rated furniture (and then undoing the modifications at journey's end). Modification and restoration cost was listed at 5kCr.

So, based on the article, Virushi sized cabins should be double sized (and not triple) for an equivalent scale cabin.

Ron

How would you handle a barracks room for say an 8 man squad of marines? I'm figuring the equivalent of 3-4 staterooms. Any other ideas? And I want to keep them in one room, sort of like how the Kinunir class cruiser has it set up.

Originally posted by Ellros:
How would you handle a barracks room for say an 8 man squad of marines? I'm figuring the equivalent of 3-4 staterooms. Any other ideas? And I want to keep them in one room, sort of like how the Kinunir class cruiser has it set up.
-------------------------------------------------
The Large Staterooms of TNE ships could fit 4 comfortably. By using the Stacked bunks, and keeping kit to a minimum, you could double the number, leaving only personal clothing and stuff in footlockers. Modular bunking pix were posted by Uncle Bob here a while back on the Fleet page.. stuff the US Navy is going to. three-man high,and thats with drawers fer sailors.
Put the fresher in another room, and the rest of their gear in the ship's armory(armor/ weapons, etc), and ye can get 8 men in their. Yeah its cramped, but ye've seen WW 2 Troopship conditions on film too, those were real tight. Troops are carried with less accomodation than say a Mid passenger. "Bio-Freight", unless they're Starmercs.

Those sit-up bunks are going to be used first on the new San Antonio LPDs for squids and jarheads.

Assuming the same double-occupancy standard as in CT, 2 dT per man, 8 men rate 16 dT. You can fit their bunks and 4 'freshers in a 3 dTon stateroom, figue 3 more dTon for mess space and you have 10 dTon for an armory/excercise room/marksmanship simulator.

Back