• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Opinion on New Ad

hunter

Ancient - Absent Friend
So give me your opinion on this new ad for T20 Lite I am planning to run. Would it draw your interest? Other suggestions?

t20_3.gif

Hunter

Looks fine as far as that goes, but it really depends on where you plan to run it. Is this for the big DnD/D20 sites?

Originally posted by William:
Looks fine as far as that goes, but it really depends on where you plan to run it. Is this for the big DnD/D20 sites?
Yes, ENWorld, d20Weekly, and the like

Hunter

Originally posted by hunter:
So give me your opinion on this new ad for T20 Lite I am planning to run. Would it draw your interest? Other suggestions?

t20_3.gif

Hunter
The preview draws me the most on that, and the pic of the human's gotta go, replaced by a pic of a creature of great renown, a vargr of course. To be honest though, I *NEVER* click on those things for fear that I'll get a S***ton of junk mail.

I think you should probably throw in another class or two in the lite version, maybe scouts, cause exploration and trade is what it's all about.

RV

(snip image)

Hunter
Nice, but it runs a bit too quick for my taste. After just a little bit, the turnover rate borders on the annoying (definitely something to avoid).

Simon Jester
omega.gif

Originally posted by Paraquat Johnson:
I like it overall. I think it cycles through a little too quickly, though. Can you slow it down just a beat?
Yup I can do that.

Hunter

Originally posted by Reginald:
Would it be a much bigger file if you choose to use fade-ins and fade-outs?
I'm a cheap bastard. :D The software I have for animated gifs doesn't handle fades.

Hunter

t20_3.gif

Hunter
Honestly I'd avoid the cover shot, it just looks too much like some ol' country boy playing with a laser gun. I'd use the 100-Ton Scout image you've got and try to make the ad a bit more subtle, less like three different pieces jammed together. I'd also avoid anything but minimal animation (I always find myself scolling pages to get annoying animations off the screen).

'Course you don't have to take my advice ... ;)

t20_3.gif

Hunter
I have to agree with a couple of the posters here: the cover doesn't say much about 'adventure'. I really think you ought to lose the 'old guy' on the cover. (I'm an old guy myself, but that's not the point.)

I agree with the 'slow down the rotation' comments.... also I think that the graphic is a bit _busy_ for the size provided - trying to stick too much into too little space. Perhaps select a smaller area of the cover illo or use something else?

just my cr0.02

Maybe instead of the cover picture, just a black background with a red horizontal line, and just below the line have in red letters the word "Traveller"...

Well, we can dream...
:D

Back