• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Next Travellers Aide?

Any Idea when the next Travellers Aide is due out? I'm still waiting to use up my 12-issue subscription.

(Yes, I know I could use it for the Epic Adventures -- but I don't want to. The adventures published so far have done nothing for me: they need too much work to use, and haven't contained any neat ideas I haven't already had myself.)

I know a few other threads have previously posted the progress on various things that were in the works, but I've not seen anything of the sort for some time.

I recall reading, specifically, that robots and aircraft TAs were both either in the works or nearing completion. Any ETAs on those? Any other projects that we can expect in the next season, year, whatever? Just curious!

I too wouldn't mind seeing more Traveller's Aides but one should really have one that stir up along of discussions. Eg. Black Projects of the Third Imperium, did the Solomani use cloning to win the Interstellar Wars, the true identity of the Ancients finally revealed - the Hivers, are the K'kree misunderstood vegans, just who is lurking in the Coreward sectors just beyond the Extents? etc. Otherwise, take a cue from Suppressed Transmissions and feed lots of articles going where Traveller has never gone before. Then quickly release Robots to keep the traditionalists happy.

LoL. You want a book with the answers to all the mysterious bits, eh? Seems like it'd kinda take all the fun outta things.

Not all, if you look at Suppressed Transmissions, there is enough truth to know that it is somewhere out there but it is essentially a book of plausible explanations for well known events but it in its wake lots of hooks that would be for a referee to pursue or not.

For instance - Cleon - megacorp leader or megalomaniac leader?

Recent discoveries within the Imperial archive on Capital have revealed the first Emperor of the Imperium was determined to reach Vilani Space to form an alliance with the Vilani bureaux. Testimonies from various courtesans from the Emperor's Court have highlighted the near obsession that Cleon had about reaching the Vilani before any of his rivals did so. This footnote in history has been made more pressing by the discovery of a one thousand year old low berth purposively containing one of the major figures of Cleon's court. The capsule contains a warning against all who would dare to violate the Emperor's edict and open the capsule. However, it has been viewed in the interest of preservation of historical record that this capsule be opened.

The PCs are assigned with the task of deciphering the code that keeps the capsule locked and reviving the patient and ascertain what threats this individual may pose.

Just casting out there for any news on whether we can expect that new aircraft TA any time soon... I do love the vehicle series of TAs. Also, has anybody heard anything recently about the mythical Millitary Amrs & Equipment?

Travellers' Aide is a QLI publication. QLI is on hold until Hunter is back at the helm.

Originally posted by MJD:
Travellers' Aide is a QLI publication. QLI is on hold until Hunter is back at the helm.
Oh, I know that! I was just wondering if this was one of the things he was planning on getting to; More to make the point that many of us are eagerly awaiting them, than anything else. And, I thought I'd put it up now, that he's kind of sort of back.

Originally posted by Archhealer:
Just casting out there for any news on whether we can expect that new aircraft TA any time soon... I do love the vehicle series of TAs. Also, has anybody heard anything recently about the mythical Millitary Amrs & Equipment?
I was hoping for a General equipment book or maybe another Starship book. IIRC Flynn sent Hunter a T20 version of the X Boat and the X boat tender. Aslo an alien starship book would be cool for "official" t20 versions of some of the alien ships. The Hiver and K'Kree ones would fit in well with GtD.

Mike

I'd love to see another starship centered one. I know that Hunters back so we can all cheer

An alien ship one would be cool. Maybe t20 versions of the Hiver and other alien races from GtD or even more Zhodani ships to fit in the EPIC adenturers in the Spinward Marches.

I would favour bringing back some of the Zhodani designs from FASA (now that Marc owns them) and a few more original designs for a future TA. I always liked the sleek look of Zho ships. Although, closer to T20 maybe it is time to visit the Rim War and bring out Solomani Warships a la Firefly & Babylon 5...

Hunter, Any word on the next .pdfs? I'd love to see some of the ship designs published for T20 like the X-boat and the Solomani Ships or alien ships like the Hiver or K'Kree.

I believe the Solomani and the Xboat ships were planned for a TA or Epic book before Katrina. Glad your back

Mike

Back