• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

New weapons?

Just did this for TNE

Some time back I asked for input on “new” weapon designs. I decided to try some new designs to see if I could get the ball rolling as it were.

Tech-11 50mj Point Defense Dual Laser Turret
LTR-50-1-4: tunable gravitic focus remote dual turret laser. Can be overpowered to -4 Diff Mods with 55.6 MW power input.

Vol (m3) Mass (ton) Pow (MW) Area (m2) Price (MCr) Crew Short Medium Long Extreme
42 70.068 111.2 10 2.014 0 1:1/6-18 2:1/3-11 4:1/2-5 8:1/1-3

Focal Array Diameter 1.5 meters (two focal arrays per mount)
DE: 50mj
Max Effective Range: 1.2 hex (36000km)

Designed as a basic point defense laser capable of engaging missiles before they reach detonation range. The weapon has two small (1.5m) focal arrays mounted parallel to each other. When linked with other point defense lasers thru an MFD effective anti-missile fire is achieved.

Designer notes: As a simplified system of point defense fire, I either allow each individual laser to fire once at it’s –4 dm against one missile, or once plus whatever the –dm modifier is against multiple missiles (ie. The –4 dm allows each laser five shots, against one missile five times or five separate missiles declared at time of firing)

Back