• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

New Kind of Starship Fuel

ranger2261

SOC-12
I recently ran into a discussion about Dihydrgen Monoxide.

Could this be a new source of fuel for a REAL Traveller Jump Drive???

Comments are welcome.

web page

Yeah, my sense of the bizarre was climbing all through skimming it. The cyclones remark really tipped the hand I think.

I wonder if anyone is donating money to the ADHMO fund?

:eek:

Listen, this stuff is so dangerous that rockets store its component elements in separate tanks for safety.

An average of nine people per day die of this substance.

Don’t mess with it if you know what is good for you.

Originally posted by Kurega Gikur:
Don’t mess with it if you know what is good for you.
Oh, I'm not going to mess with it.

But upon sighting a tornado, my first thought is not going to be, "Blast! They should have kept a tighter rein on that DHMO!"

Originally posted by ranger2261:
I recently ran into a discussion about Dihydrgen Monoxide.

Could this be a new source of fuel for a REAL Traveller Jump Drive???

Comments are welcome.
Two comments:

1. Although a fuel like this might work in the Traveller Universe, I'm not sure that it occurs in sufficient quantities to be a viable fuel source in the real universe.

2. It's a sobering reflection on the way that pseudo-scientific spin can undermine real science. (It is perhaps fortunate that this material was not posted here a few weeks ago! :D )
I could easily believe that 90% of the US population would sign up to ban the stuff :rolleyes: - It's worrying. :eek:

But not necessarily in a readily useable and cost-effective form for filling your fuel tanks. In Traveller, you don't even have to figure out what to do with hundreds of kilograms of Sodium Chloride, let alone all the other potential contaminants! It's probably the scooping and filtering systems that would let you down in real life.

Hi !

Whats a "REAL Traveller Jump Drive" ?

Anyway I could not think of any chemical fuel, which would be able to compete with fusion....

TE

Back