• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Mues - Geneered Humans

Flynn

SOC-14 1K
Inspired by the concept of "mues", genetically alterred humans, from Steve Perry's Matador series (Man Who Never Missed, Matadora, Machiavelli Interface, etc.), I decided to attempt to create racial stats for three "Mue" races for my ATU: Heavyworlders, Spacers and Exotics.

Please let me know what you think,
Flynn

Heavyworlders: These mues have been genetically altered to better cope with higher gravity worlds. Make the following modifications to the standard human racial package:

* Ability Scores: +2 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Wis.
* Heavyworlders receive the Heavy Gravity Adaptation feat for free.
* Heavyworlders do not receive an extra bonus feat at first level. (Effectively, this feat is already chosen for them, see above.)

Spacers: These mues have been genetically altered to better cope with zero and low-gravity environments. Make the following modifications to the standard human racial package:

* Ability Scores: +2 Dex, -2 Con.
* Spacers receive the Zero-G Or Low Gravity Adaptation feat for free.
* Spacers do not receive an extra bonus feat at first level. (Effectively, this feat is already chosen for them, see above.)

Exotics: These mues have been genetically altered to serve as pleasure slaves on the black market. Make the following modifications to the standard human racial package:

* Ability Scores: -2 Con, +2 Cha.
* Pheremones: Exotics exude pheremones that cause humans (and perhaps other races, if the Referee so rules) within the same room (or within 8 meters of the Exotic) that are exposed to the pheremones to feel a strong sense of intense sexual desire and attraction for the Exotic. Filter masks do not suppress the pheremones, but vacc suits and similar atmospheric isolation can prevent exposure. The attraction to the Exotic is overpowering, and requires a Will Save (DC 11 + Exotic's Cha modifier) to resist, but the victim does get a +5 bonus to their saving throw if the Exotic or an Exotic's ally is attacking them at the time of exposure. The pheremones do not enable the character to control the affected person as if the person were an automaton, but the subject perceives the character's words and actions in the most favorable way. The character can try to give the subject orders, but the character must win an opposed Charisma check to convince the subject to do anything he or she wouldn't ordinarily do. (Retries not allowed.) A charmed person never obeys suicidal or obviously harmful orders. Any act by the character or the character's apparent allies that threatens the charmed person breaks the effect of the pheremones for the remainder of the scene. Note also that the character must speak the person's language to communicate the character's commands, or else be good at pantomiming. Exotics have no natural control over this ability; it is always active and can only be "turned off" temporary with Pheremone Suppressor medication. Exotics are immune to the pheremones of other Exotics.
* Albino: Exotics are Albinos, and as such suffer one point of Stamina damage per 10 minutes of direct exposure to the sun, as they burn much easier than normal humans. This Stamina damage cannot be recovered until the Exotic is no longer exposed to the sun.
* Exotics do not receive an extra bonus feat at first level, nor extra skill points at first and subsequent levels.

Development Note: In essence, the Exotic's pheremones are modelled on the D&D Charm Person spell, to keep the power level more appropriate for a science fiction environment.

Cool idea, Flynn. There is one missing from Gen Assit, the Solomani geneering firm, the mermani-for Water worlds.

I realize the Luriani are in the T-20, as Ancients altered humans. The Mermani, listed in Challenge, are in Alpha Crucis (below Old Expanses) in subsector A, on Phaedrus, a water world.

And then their is the Vilani-geneered Aquans/ Scanians of Gushmege for canon ideas...

some suggestions, only!
heretically yours,

I was thinking of something along those lines, but basing the Heavy Worlders on D&D dwarves. Living in the heavy grav over centuries has shortened their stature, and of course they would start with the Heavy G feat. Still trying to decide about their Con bonus to poisons and the stonecunning expertise though ( although something to do with mining comes to mind), especially since the worlds I have them planned for are heavily into mining and industry.

Come to think of it, Elves would be a good base for Space Worlders, given their slight stature.

I am POSITIVE that some of my Senior NCOs were MUES!!!!......the Worst Kind!!!....

Ever see a MSgt....all hair...4ft tall...200lbs...
AND wearing thick sole shows to make himself taller!!!!....for real....no joke!!!!....

Meanest little S.O.B...in the world!!!!

Medels, ribbons, decorations, from his belt to his neck!!!!

down right scary!!!!....everyone was sure he was not human!!!! :eek: :eek:

Hay Flynn

I just got to tell you i love it yet i would give the Heavy subject a +1 con for the heavy grave an the girls well they need to have a +1 con for long term sexual stamana for there customers. other then that this Doc can gener them for great thiongs well doc like to Ganer the PC's an NPC's fopr a NICE PRICE. HE HAS HIS OWN PERTABLE MED BAY AN LAB 50 TONS WORTH. To bad i am not in your Area i would love to run him he is currently in the Reever sub sector. he is currently back on his home world on Gaajpadje working his skills at the starport ask for killroy :)he is running 20% speical for wire-Dex if you need it. but he is not cheap with a skill of 8 oxymed & 3 prostetics 4 plastic sergery. :cool:

Drop me a line an give me idias an tell me about your adventures thanks
file_23.gif

Originally posted by Flynn:
Inspired by the concept of "mues", genetically alterred humans, from Steve Perry's Matador series (Man Who Never Missed, Matadora, Machiavelli Interface, etc.), I decided to attempt to create racial stats for three "Mue" races for my ATU: Heavyworlders, Spacers and Exotics.

Please let me know what you think,
Flynn

Heavyworlders: These mues have been genetically altered to better cope with higher gravity worlds. Make the following modifications to the standard human racial package:

* Ability Scores: +2 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Wis.
* Heavyworlders receive the Heavy Gravity Adaptation feat for free.
* Heavyworlders do not receive an extra bonus feat at first level. (Effectively, this feat is already chosen for them, see above.)

Spacers: These mues have been genetically altered to better cope with zero and low-gravity environments. Make the following modifications to the standard human racial package:

* Ability Scores: +2 Dex, -2 Con.
* Spacers receive the Zero-G Or Low Gravity Adaptation feat for free.
* Spacers do not receive an extra bonus feat at first level. (Effectively, this feat is already chosen for them, see above.)

Exotics: These mues have been genetically altered to serve as pleasure slaves on the black market. Make the following modifications to the standard human racial package:

* Ability Scores: -2 Con, +2 Cha.
* Pheremones: Exotics exude pheremones that cause humans (and perhaps other races, if the Referee so rules) within the same room (or within 8 meters of the Exotic) that are exposed to the pheremones to feel a strong sense of intense sexual desire and attraction for the Exotic. Filter masks do not suppress the pheremones, but vacc suits and similar atmospheric isolation can prevent exposure. The attraction to the Exotic is overpowering, and requires a Will Save (DC 11 + Exotic's Cha modifier) to resist, but the victim does get a +5 bonus to their saving throw if the Exotic or an Exotic's ally is attacking them at the time of exposure. The pheremones do not enable the character to control the affected person as if the person were an automaton, but the subject perceives the character's words and actions in the most favorable way. The character can try to give the subject orders, but the character must win an opposed Charisma check to convince the subject to do anything he or she wouldn't ordinarily do. (Retries not allowed.) A charmed person never obeys suicidal or obviously harmful orders. Any act by the character or the character's apparent allies that threatens the charmed person breaks the effect of the pheremones for the remainder of the scene. Note also that the character must speak the person's language to communicate the character's commands, or else be good at pantomiming. Exotics have no natural control over this ability; it is always active and can only be "turned off" temporary with Pheremone Suppressor medication. Exotics are immune to the pheremones of other Exotics.
* Albino: Exotics are Albinos, and as such suffer one point of Stamina damage per 10 minutes of direct exposure to the sun, as they burn much easier than normal humans. This Stamina damage cannot be recovered until the Exotic is no longer exposed to the sun.
* Exotics do not receive an extra bonus feat at first level, nor extra skill points at first and subsequent levels.

Development Note: In essence, the Exotic's pheremones are modelled on the D&D Charm Person spell, to keep the power level more appropriate for a science fiction environment.

Timberwolf,

The reason I give the Heavyworlders +2 Con instead of +1 Con is because the D20 System functions best when stat mods are even numbers. (Limits the min-maxing of characteristics, and gaurantees a +1 on related d20 checks.)

Thanks, though, for the feedback. While I haven't yet gotten the campaign off, I'm hard at work developing the background for it. As soon as I have enough for a website, I'll post the URL for ya.

Keep On Travellin',
Flynn

Hrmm. The spacers and Heavy Worlders are standard SF tropes, though no one has ever been able to give me a good reason why the Heavy Worlders need -2 Int and -2 Wis. If you're trying to balance the +2 Str/Con, try a -2 Dex, -2 Soc.
You are aware that since T20 doesn't use the Strenght Mod for the Melee to hit roll (and melee is much less important in T20), the importance of Strength is much less than in D20.

I would make the Exotics pheremone power both more and less powerful based upon the RL characteristics of Pheremones.
Pheremones need to be absored through mucus membranes (nose and mouth mostly, eyes on occasion), which means a filter mask will help, as well as any stronger air filtration system.

Anyone who is aware of the Exotics pheremones would get a bonus to their save (say +2). But no one gets the bonus (or retry the save) for being attacked.

The pheremone effect wears off after a few hours of non-exposure. Re-exposure gains the victim a bonus to their save (say +2).

The victim will obey obviously suicidal or harmful actions, but the exotic takes a -5 to -10 penalty on the CHA check to give the order. (What some people do for love...). Repeated failures by the Exotic on the CHA check (say more than three), allows the victim a new Will save to shake the effects.

Exotics as a genetic experiment are a complete failure. They have the ability to control their clients (and anyone else who gets close) in a way that is both disturbing and frighteningly powerful. If I'm breeding a sex slave I want something cute and permantly under my control.

The HeavyWorlder mods sound reasonable. I had forgotten about the shift in melee mods.

The Exotics were designed primarily to remain true to the Exotics found in the Matador series by Steve Perry. You are correct in that such were failures, unless you're the guy selling them, and you want your clientele to be head over heels about getting one, no matter what. From that respect, they were a marketing success, and we know how much money speaks. As for the power of the pheremones, read the series, as they are certainly portrayed as more powerful than Real World(TM) pheremones would be.

Hope this helps,
Flynn

Why stop there? Go the Transhuman route. Stronger ,Faster, Smarter, More Predatory. Oh wait....I just described Tyr from Andromeda. No wait. Bad idea :eek:

Originally posted by Jewels:
Why stop there? Go the Transhuman route. Stronger ,Faster, Smarter, More Predatory. Oh wait....I just described Tyr from Andromeda. No wait. Bad idea :eek:
CJ Cherryh's Union-Earth Universe, the UNion side's cloned soldiers, NCO's and leader types...comes to me mind. And the inherent flaws that come from making a stellar nation of clones/ raising; training, and leading them..

Good resource material there guys. Tweaking it fer Traveller I leave to YTU & Your GM geniuses

Back