• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Map Question: How much water to fill the circle?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N. Ofori:
I've been looking at the map of the Spinward Marches at http://pixie.simplenet.com/astro/spinward/BigMap.htm. I know the difference between the filled circles and the empty circles is in the hydrographics of the world in question, but could someone tell mewhat level of hydrographics makes the difference? Thanks in advance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Usually empty circles are 0 hydro, Filled circles are 1+. Thus if the planet shows a filled circle ships may use ocean refuelling there.

HTH

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaveShayne:
Usually empty circles are 0 hydro, Filled circles are 1+. Thus if the planet shows a filled circle ships may use ocean refuelling there.

HTH

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That actually depends. Some used Hyro 0-1, 2+. (We've found this a problem in game recently. My map shows differently from the player's map... his shows 0-1 as no water.

------------------
-aramis
=============================================
Smith & Wesson: The Original Point and Click interface!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aramis:
That actually depends. Some used Hyro 0-1, 2+. (We've found this a problem in game recently. My map shows differently from the player's map... his shows 0-1 as no water.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is definitely a problem. Who did those maps? Are they from different publishers or are they fan maps?

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

That is definitely a problem. Who did those maps? Are they from different publishers or are they fan maps?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
They were official maps but from different years.

The maim problem was between characters as one wanted the ship jump plot have been at the high port and the other (who was navigating) wanted the gas gaint as the desitnation. As the problem was discovered when we arrived at the gas giant instead of the high port.

Leave it to a scout to get you in trouble the fastest!!!

Official maps from different periods? Mistakes do happen, but perhaps there is an interesting campaign event in there somewhere? What planet was it?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MayHEM:
Official maps from different periods? Mistakes do happen, but perhaps there is an interesting campaign event in there somewhere? What planet was it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not one, but a great many in the marches. It is clearly a astrocartography issue, not one of changed data. The three maps in use: CT Supp 3 Spinward Marches, a CT or MT -era map of the marches (color on black), and the Domain of Deneb map from DGP (MTJ?).

Oh, and the GT trade-route maps...

------------------
-aramis

So, who had which map? I think that I have all of the ones that you mentioned, but my medical condition (rampant laziness) prevents me from checking it myself....
smile.gif

------------------
Joe Brown

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fulacin Highport:
So, who had which map? I think that I have all of the ones that you mentioned, but my medical condition (rampant laziness) prevents me from checking it myself....
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use the MTJ Domain of Deneb map.
Shadowbear uses the CT era map.
Peter Newman uses the GT tradeflow maps, due to the upp's.

When in the marches we also used the MT PM map.

------------------
-aramis

That is definitely a problem.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought the differences and inconsistencies were a feature.

Back