• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Looking for stats

Burocrate

SOC-12
Howdy All!

Managed to pick up a box of Grenadier "Traveller: Alien Animals" and would like to come up with T20 stats for these beasties.

Tree Kraken-Looks like an evil octopus, one meter tall.
Sea Bear-Imagine a vicious looking biped with 6 arms & just over a meter tall.
Crested Jabberwock-Picture a horse-sized wingless dragon.
Bloodvark-Looks like a large canine with an oversized armored head, front legs look as if the creature was once a biped.
Dagshark-Picture a flying manta ray with a 6-meter wingspan. It’s mouth is twice bisected, creating four equal parts coming together when the mouth is closed.
Grass Dog- Best described as a long-tailed dog with a Chinese dragon’s head.
Gratheudom- Large heavily armored mammalian body. The head and tail both sport impressive armor. Must be 6 meter long and nearly 2 meters at the shoulder.
Kian- Reminiscent of the two-legged riding beast used by Luke on Hoth, but without the tusks.
Bush Runner-One meter tall raptor.

Thanks in advance.

Burocrate

Some of these animals are in JTAS (probably issue 1-12). certainly the tree kraken, sea bear, crested jabberwock (later JTAS issue) bloodvark, & Kian. the Dagshark is in Adventure 9 Nomads of the ocean world.

These give Classic Traveller stats if thats any help.

Cheers
Richard

Thank you Baron,

I was seeing this topic as a source of despair and frankly embarrassment. I could not Gooogle-up stats (must have failed that roll). I have not been able to uncrate my CT era books for reference in this effort, but thanks for the reminder.
Of note, I recently acquired "Rescue on Aramat" from Grenadier. Imagine my shock and surprise when I noticed the "Grass Dog" and "Gratheudom" in the illustrations.

Burocrate

I have got Rescue on Aramat - must have not noticed them. I will dig out my JTAS and see if I can find the CT stats. I must admit my grasp of T20 is very thin.

Cheers
Richard

Burocrate

Sorry for the delay, Here are the stats

Bushrunner - Gatherer 50Kg 19/3 Hits, Armour = cloth-1, wounds 5, weapons = thrasher, F4, A8, S4

Tree Kraken - Pouncher, 6kg, Hits 2/6 Armour = none, wounds 5, weapons = teeth A0 F0 S1

Sea Bear Pouncher, 25kg, Hits ? Wounds = ? Weapons Teeth / claws. Solitary and attachs by surprise.

Kian 10-60 Grazer, 400kg, (carries up to 250kg)Hits = 25/10, Armour = Jack, Wounds 10, Weaspons Hooves, A9 F4 S3

The other animals are in the later JTAS issues. I will dig them out later.

Cheers
Richard

Originally posted by Burocrate:

Grass Dog- Best described as a long-tailed dog with a Chinese dragon’s head.
[/QB]
*bump*

You've probably long wrote up stats. But for the Grass dog maybe use the stats for the riding dog in the 3.5 MM.

For the Kian, this was on the WOTC site

Scaly Tauntaun: Large subterranean herd animal 3; Init +2 (Dex); Defense 18 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +7 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 16; Spd 20 m; VP/WP 11/16; Atk +4 melee (1d4+6, claw) or +4 melee (1d6+6, bite) or +2 ranged; SQ Species traits; SV Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +0; Face/Reach 2 m by 4 m/2 m; FP 0; DSP 0; Rep +0; Str 18, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 8, Cha 6.

It would be cool, for stats for the others. Maybe a TAS article or something?

Mike

Hi all looking for the write ups of the Sydemic from Ley Sector .I recalled seeing years ago a write up in Ares/Dragon but I would like a copy if I can or the issue number . Thank you

I saw last night there was an "official" T20 write up of the kian in one of the Comstar games mods.

Mike

Back