• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Looking for GRIP'ers for Traveller...

Richard

SOC-11
Hello!

I am going to start a GRIP Classic Traveller campaign; the ( Make a Setting in a Day ) project's really got me fired up. I'm not going to use the setting, however, though I do plan to recycle most of what went into it – especially the behind the scenes stuff...

Character generation will be done 'live' during the first session of the game, using the basic character generation rules, from Books 1-3, Supplement 4, and Scouts & Assassins. It should be interesting to see what people come up with. Option to use the 'background' tables from the old Traveller logbook if anyone is interested.

Setting: Well, I've been on a 'proto-Traveller' kick lately, and I've recently been re-reading some of my old Judges Guild stuff. And you know, it's not as bad as I had remembered – some of it certainly has its good points. So, the campaign will start on Tancred, at Hauteville Spaceport, on 015-1103 – in the Judges Guild Ley Sector.

Campaign: We'll see what happens. I have a lot of ideas in mind, but I'm willing to go with the players and what they want to do in the setting. You start on Tancred, and we can see where things go from there. If one of your rolls up a ship, then you have a ship.

As for time, I'm pretty flexible. Any time between Tuesday and Friday, or Saturday evenings are fine – on alternate weeks. (My job is week on, week off, and I work the night-shift; Mondays are a pain either way. Either I'm asleep or I want to be!) I'm in London, so I'm on GMT – I think the best course is to see who is interested, and then work out a mutually good time.

Send me an email at Methuslah@ntlworld.com if you are interested.

Richard

Back