• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Lend-Lease from Slotters Keys

mbrinkhues

SOC-14 1K
I hope the Vatta familie (and Elisabeth Moon) don't mind me borrowing some of their toys. :rolleyes:

Warning: This text has some minor spoilers for book 3

+ Programmabel underwear

Basically underwear that can be adjusted to the local temperatures, acting as thermal underwear in cold environments and as a standard one in normal environments. I'd put it at TL10-12 depending on wether it needs a power source or not

+ Self-propelled luggage

Basically a very dumb robot that carries ones luggage, following the designated owner. Depending on TL (starting IMHO at TL8) it is wheeled or grav driven.

+ Portabel Navigation Bug for Space Stations

A token you pick up at a vending maschine. It is pre-programmed with the data to get you to your destination and uses beacons in the space station to sense it's current position. It tells you where to turn etc. and must be returned after use or makes a ruckus.

+ The Moscone Confederation

Not equipment but an interesting culture from the Novels. Happy Tree Friends. Impoliteness can get you killed or worse. But they will be very polity while doing it.

Originally posted by Michael Brinkhues:
+ Self-propelled luggage

Basically a very dumb robot that carries ones luggage, following the designated owner. Depending on TL (starting IMHO at TL8) it is wheeled or grav driven.
Or legs at lower TLs, if you have sapient pearwood...

I like the Navigation Bug - seems like just the thing for the large Highport, or orbital habitat, or acrology, etc.

The Nav bug would work for several different adventure seeds:
1. PC's are asked to reprogram Nav bugs to redirect potential customers away from a competitor to an abandoned section.
2. PC's are asked to look into who's redirecting the Nav bugs away from a particular business (flip side of #1).
3. PC's following the Nav bug to a business find out it's out of business, or moved but the Nav bug wasn't updated.
4. As in 3, but there's a blackmarket business being run out of the abandoned building. The owners don't look happy to see the PC's
5. As in 1, but the redirection is to yet another competitor (to stir up trouble.)
6. As in 1, but the redirection is actually away from the patron's business to a competitor - so he can accuse them and the PCs of fraud.

I'm sure theres a lot more ways these Nav bugs could help the PC's find adventure - intentionally or not.

sgb

Originally posted by SGB - Steve B:
I'm sure theres a lot more ways these Nav bugs could help the PC's find adventure - intentionally or not.

sgb
Yeah, like at high LL it's a two-way device and allows the authorities (or the bad-guy hackers) to find you!

Originally posted by Icosahedron:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SGB - Steve B:

sgb
Yeah, like at high LL it's a two-way device and allows the authorities (or the bad-guy hackers) to find you! </font>[/QUOTE]Interesting idea!

Some places may even have audio and video linked back to security as well. What Big Brother security type could pass up the opportunity to monitor visitors and have them pay for it to boot?

Back