• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Jeez 63 Spam Emails in One Day...

hunter

Ancient - Absent Friend
Sheesh, I just took a look into my email client's 'junkyard' where the spam I have filtered out goes.

On 3/14/2002: 46 spam messages
On 3/13/2002: 63 spam messages

That's just two days here. And folks wonder why I miss emails sometimes...

But hey, email marketing works right?

Sorry just had to vent
wink.gif
I have been on a major kick to aggressively filter this crap out so my email becomes useful again. I actually seem to be making headway. I have noticed a serious decrease in the amount of crap landing in my mailbox instead of the trash heap.

Hunter

I sympathise completely. I've just uninstalled ICQ because for the last three weeks I've been getting bombed everytime I'm online. A "Come and see me naked......" message about every 30 minutes finally got to me. I was hitting "Ignore User" more often than I was chatting to my friends!

------------------
Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Takei:
I sympathise completely. I've just uninstalled ICQ because for the last three weeks I've been getting bombed everytime I'm online. A "Come and see me naked......" message about every 30 minutes finally got to me. I was hitting "Ignore User" more often than I was chatting to my friends!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you know you can set ICQ to only receive messages from those on your buddy list. I was having that same problem, but I have never gotten any of that over ICQ since I made this change.

Hunter

[This message has been edited by hunter (edited 15 March 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Really, how do you do that Please.I'm ready junk my ICQ due to getting so many of those stupid messages.I spent all afternoon Tuesday going over it trying to find something.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to your security settings, and look under Ignore. There should be an option to "Accept messages only from users on my Contact List".

Of course I am using 2000a (Beta4.29) Other versions may be slightly different.

Hunter

[This message has been edited by hunter (edited 16 March 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:
Did you know you can set ICQ to only receive messages from those on your buddy list. I was having that same problem, but I have never gotten any of that over ICQ since I made this change.

Hunter

[This message has been edited by hunter (edited 15 March 2002).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Hunter.I must admit that I didn't know about this. Looks like I'll be installing it again this evening.

------------------
Paul

Back