• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

How Old is your PC?

How Old is your PC?

• Total voters

GBoyett

SOC-14 1K
This poll is inspired by Lord Irial's poll on players' age. You can choose two answer to reflect a variant for playing different PCs

Originally posted by trader jim:
now thats a kinda strange results....interesting....folks playing older PCs... ;)
----------------------------------
In Mike's case anagathics.
In Shorty's case, a jump space embolism accident prematurely whitened his hair.
Eakehia is considered a mature Aslani lady, from a starfaring merchant clan in Imperium SM region.
(Erin rolled her up TJ, but I'm RP-ing her)

Originally posted by trader jim:
now thats a kinda strange results....interesting....folks playing older PCs... ;)
My normal range is the early 30s. I have one major PC/NPC that is almost 50. He is a former CEO that I ported over from a Cyberpunk/Shadowrun campaign. He is currently travelling around the Spinward Marches.

When I was playing CT back in high school, I was somewhat appaled that I had to play an old fart of 40 or so just to have a character that could have more than 1-2 skills or merit and able to handle a weapon. Now that I'm approching that age, I feel somewhat vindicated that the house rules I came up with to correct that are actually very similar to the way charaters are done in T20.

Now if only I had the time to play like I did back then...

MichaelL65 writes:
When I was playing CT back in high school, I was somewhat appaled that I had to play an old fart of 40 or so just to have a character that could have more than 1-2 skills or merit and able to handle a weapon.
Yeah, the basic unenhanced CT was not good for skill wise young PC's. I suspect that the best system in Traveller for allowing the young ones in with skills is GT, then T4. Having only been through the T20 CharGen once, and still a little confused by it, I just am not sure how it would turn out for young PC's.

Only 6 months old.

Oh I see, Player Character, not Personal Computer. Sorry it's the programmer in me coming out.

BenBell :
Only 6 months old.

Oh I see, Player Character, not Personal Computer. Sorry it's the programmer in me coming out.
Same with me ;)

In my group all PCs are around 30, still considered 'Young Men' IMTU. Approaching that age myself, I think MTU is right ;)

-no insult towards all older readers intended-

We had no problems accumulating a reasonable number of skill levels over three terms, using MT.

I'm just wondering why all extra, just-for-fun, or backup-Characters tended to be older than 50? Perhaps 'reasonable' was not reasonable enough??

Have a nive day,
Aldan Romar

In my new campaign everyone is in the 30-32 year range except for the hotshot pilot who is 26. In the Prior History he got a Starburst for Extreme Heroism and mustered out after that. He got a ton of experience (+8000) for earning that thing.

Most of my characters are in their thirties, and a couple are in their forties. One got into her fifties before I stopped using that program...

Back