• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

How do you take your ice cream?

Murph

SOC-14 1K
Blue bell Vanilla bean, chocolate chip cookie dough. Or Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough.

Anyone ever make an ice cream pie? get a graham cracker crust, two DIFFERENT types of ice cream (Rocky road and Vanilla for example), let them get soft. Put them in the pie crust, cover in REAL whipped cream, and hard freeze, Yummy.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Murph:
Blue bell Vanilla bean, chocolate chip cookie dough. Or Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough.

Anyone ever make an ice cream pie? get a graham cracker crust, two DIFFERENT types of ice cream (Rocky road and Vanilla for example), let them get soft. Put them in the pie crust, cover in REAL whipped cream, and hard freeze, Yummy.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. I wonder what Hiver "Ice Cream" is like.

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

I liked a sundae of Black Rasberry Ice Cream with a Butterscotch fudge. I also think that is why my body now suffers Laxtrose Intolerance - it was self-defense.....it WAS good though!

Oh, and on another attempt at pushing the bounds of food mixtures - me and a large, bearded gaming friend ran out of chips during one session. However, we still had Salsa....what to do, what to do? Well, another player had, as his snack, some real good looking marshmallows......
NEVER, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS BIG AND SMALL, DIP A MARSHMALLOW IN SALSA AND EAT IT!!!!!!

Gats'

Being a bearded overweight gamer myself, I usually indulge in a good chocolate chip mint. That ice cream pie is sounding awefully good, too. By the way, any good gaming ideas about bad food reactions for characters?

Scout

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ScoutCadet469:
Being a bearded overweight gamer myself, I usually indulge in a good chocolate chip mint. That ice cream pie is sounding awefully good, too. By the way, any good gaming ideas about bad food reactions for characters?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my experience, ice cream and games aren't a very good mix -- too much dripping onto expensive rulebooks and/or sticky character sheets. In 'mundane' life I went through a phase not too long ago of the Ben & Jerry's flavor with brownie-chunks in it, preceded by a long romance with Cookie Dough flavor; recently I've mostly just been sticking with vanilla, but I have to be able to taste the vanilla, no 'flavorless ice-cream' here!

As for in-game reactions, I recently stumbled across an article in The Travellers' Digest (#13 or 14, IIRC) with a set of tables to determine what happens to characters who overindulge in Scout Brew -- many of the possible results were hilarious, especially in combination. For example (from memory):

Character wakes up in the company of (2D):
2-4 Alone
5-6 friends in similar state
7-8 strangers
9 aliens
10 the police
11 a corpse
12 members of a Psionics Institute

Great stuff!

To T. Foster:

My wife says to try "Half Baked" - it's a mix of the Fudge Brownie and the Cookie Dough. Bon Appetit!

Later,

Scout

Why do most Trav gamers all have beards???? (scary picture of Loren Wisemen comes to mind)
Why do they all eat Ice Cream????

Have geneticists missed something?

Elliot, the non-bearded, Cassata Siciliana loving Traveller

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elliot:
Why do most Trav gamers all have beards???? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are the Beats of the new millenium,
"I have seen the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by incoherent rule sets."

Groovy man.

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

Back