• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

How Can I discern T20

Just a quick question here. Does anyone know if the errata was incorporated into the new printing of the Handbook? If it was then I'm going to have to pick up a copy.

Originally posted by ImperialOne:
In its newest incarnation, how can I tell the newer T20 books from the old T20 books?
Flip book open. Look for the title page on the left. Look for something like:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

From what I understand most books would start with some variation on
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
for a second printing but all the QLI books I'm looking at start with that for a first print run. Except for the CT Books 1-3 reprint . :cool:

So perhaps
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
? :confused:

And here I thought my FLGS had a copy in until I took a look at my first printing. ;) Of course you could always bring a printout of the corrected errata with you to the store
on first edition books
other ways to id a printing

Casey errata

You are correct sir!
Publishers will speculate how many times they are going to print a book. They then put the numbers in the front of the book corresponding to the number of print runs they plan to make, striking off the first one for each print run.
Ten seems to be a very popular number, probably because they seldom have that many printings and they don't have to worry about running out of numbers.
For example. I'm going to print a book, it will be extremely popular, so I plan to do 10 printings of it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I strike off the first number for the first printing so the first run would look like this

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The next run would look like this

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Etc.

The second printing of T20 looks like this

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I know, cause I got one!

Don't confuse printing with edition, or versions.
If the changes are too numerous or too large in scope, a new edition will generally be issued. This new edition may have numerous printings. The first would be

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The corrections incorporated into print runs are usually of a nature related to technical problems (a page inserted upside down) or typos (errata), etc. Minor problems.
A major rules change would probably warrant a new edition.

Hope that helps.

Later.
Greg.

Greg is correct.

First printing would be

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

Second printing would be

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

Not as obvious if you don't have the first printing, but the page borders in the second printing are different.

Hunter

Speaking of borders, t'would be nice to have the page numbers at the place of the chapter and the chapter somewhere else :/

The page number in the bottom middle is a pain

But again it is not that important

Francois

Back