• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Homeworld Skill Lists By Tech Code

Flynn

SOC-14 1K
I took the liberty of compiling a list of skills that a character could possibly receive based on the tech code of his homeworld, and came up with the following comprehensive lists for T20. These lists include the skills associated with tech code up to two lower, as the rulebook indicates that a character can select from those as well.

I think it creates an interesting view of the potential lifestyles of the people at these tech codes, though I don't think it's entirely what I want. For example, Very Low Tech characters should also have a choice of Ride, and perhaps even Spot and Trader, instead of all those options that give Survival. Or perhaps Ride and Survival can be replaced with other skills, since the Very Low Tech and Low Tech characters get a skill rank in each of them, anyway.

What are your thoughts?

-Flynn

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Homeworld Skills By Tech Code

Very Low Tech (plus Ride-1 and Survival-1)
C/(any)
Driving
Handle Animal
Intimidation
Leader
Survival
Swim

Low Tech (plus Ride-1 and Survival-1)
Bluff
C/(any)
Driving
E/(any)
Handle Animal
Intimidation
Leader
Navigation
Ride
Spot
Survival
Swim
T/Mechanical
Trader

Middle Tech
Bluff
C/(any)
Driving
E/(any)
Gather Information
Handle Animal
Intimidation
Intuit Direction
K/(any)
Leader
Navigation
P/Administration
Ride
Spot
Survival
Swim
T/Astrogation
T/Communications
T/Mechanical
Trader

High Tech (plus T/Computer-o)
Bluff
Driving
E/(any)
Forgery
Gambling
Gather Information
Intuit Direction
K/(any)
Navigation
P/Administration
Ride
Spot
Survival
T/Astrogation
T/Communications
T/Electronics
T/Mechanical
Trader

Very High Tech (plus T/Computer-o)
Driving
Forgery
Gambling
Gather Information
Intuit Direction
K/(any)
Liaison
Navigation
P/Administration
P/Prospecting
Ride
T/Astrogation
T/Communications
T/Electronics
T/Gravitics
T/Mechanical</pre>[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Flynn:

What are your thoughts?

-Flynn
Interesting. I let players make the free choices include upgrading the automatic skills so changing some of the categories like you suggest is an idea I might use.

I think you have an error in the Very Low Tech and Low Tech entries. I don't see Drive as available in the book.

Sorry. My mistake.

Thanks for catching it,
Flynn

Back