• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Hiram J. Anderson

Jame

SOC-14 5K
Character Description

Name: Hiram J. Anderson Imperial human male
STR dex end int edu soc age: 30 apparent age: 30
5 11 8 8 11 8

Home World: star port = B; size = small; atmosphere = vacuum; hydro = wet population = moderate; law = high; government = civ. Bureaucracy; tech level = early stellar
Career: Merchant Megacorp Engineering office Rank: O2 Asst Engineer
Skills:
Wheeled Vehicle - 0, Computer - 1, Paint/Sculpture - 1, Song - 1, Energy Weapons- 0, Vacc Suit - 3, Gambling - 2, Admin - 1,Gravitics - 2, Legal - 1, Engineering - 3, Trader - 2, Jack-o-Trades - 1, Navigation - 1, Electronics - 1
Property: Credits: 20000
Low Passage, Laser Pistol-13 (Dam.3d6+2, Pen. 6), Hand Computer, Vacuum Suit, Belt Tool Kit, Long-Range Communicator (150 Km range), Good Camera (2 Dimensional)

Hiram J. Anderson, engineer. He has very dark brown hair and blue eyes, and 5'7". Generally wears overalls with a hand computer and a mini-tool-kit on his belt. Looking for a good energy weapon... He is from Lysen, in the Spinward Marches - he joined Tukera, was put in the Engineering branch and became one of the most adventurous engineers on his ship (in that he is quite well acquainted with vacuum suits and is quite willing to use them). He's also somewhat of a gambler, and enjoys a good game of chance (his favorite is Tonk, which isn't played much out of Lysen). He is quite willing to do “away team” type stuff in his quest to improve his Energy Weapons: Laser skill.

I'd be happy to steal him, but he'd have to leave Tukera first...unless you can tell us more about his ship and other exploits :)

I'd be happy to steal him, but he'd have to leave Tukera first...unless you can tell us more about his ship and other exploits :)

He's mustered out already. I haven't discovered his exploits yet, in as much for a desire to let you personalize him as writer's block.

Jame said:
Hiram J. Anderson, engineer. He has very dark brown hair and blue eyes, and
5'7". Generally wears overalls with a hand computer and a mini-tool-kit on his
belt. Looking for a good energy weapon... He is from Lysen, in the Spinward Marches - he
joined Tukera, was put in the Engineering branch and became one of the most adventurous
engineers on his ship (in that he is quite well acquainted with vacuum suits and is quite
willing to use them). He's also somewhat of a gambler, and enjoys a good game of chance
(his favorite is Tonk, which isn't played much out of Lysen). He is quite willing to
do “away team” type stuff in his quest to improve his Energy Weapons: Laser skill.

"and became one of the most adventurous engineers on his ship" -- specifics about vacc suits
and away-teams.

Well, he'd fit well in the adventure I just finished writing up; however I'm in the middle of
reading the Traveller Adventure which has links to Tukera/Akerut, which means he could be
placed in the middle of something like that with ease.

His propensity for energy weapons might mean as a GM I'd start him out in an Amber Zone, possibly
as freshly mustered out from Tukera service and him being courted by Oberlindes or Imperiallines
(other players in the aforementioned Traveller Adventure) but now serving the Vemene
as a contact.

If that timeline or setting isn't to your liking, then you might stick with an Amber Zone and
have him travelling to a dangerous environ, possibly with a pilot doing research on engineering
parts (J-drives or M-drives or sensors) with a list of serial numbers, trying to find out whether
the parts sold at a port flea market are all stolen/hijacked (by pirates) or whether it was a
coincidence.

As to his gambling, I recently came across a J Andrew Keith drawing I liked, where it shows a
pilot (?) on a bridge with a robot sitting next to him. I immediately conjured up a story to go
with the image of an ex-scout as the human with the robot (now named "Flush"); who he picked up
gambling with a mega-corp engineer counterpart. The two ply the spacelanes in a type-S but it
could just as easily be an engineer who gained the robot in game of Tonk (which is the robot's
name instead of "Flush"). He and bot could be part of a crew and Hiram now has a partner that
requires no pay and minimal upkeep that can accompany him on away-team missions or assist in
repairs. You could shift his skills a bit so that he got some robotics, or that can point him
towards learning those skills in the future.

JAK-Robot-2.jpg

sorry for rambling on...

On the other hand, Flush and the scout could hire Hiram on as an engineer. Just replace Song-1 with Robotics-1 (I really can't see this guy singing anyways) and it'd be perfect. ;)

But by all means borrow him for Your Traveller Adventure. He'd be a good contact/character/red herring...

Back