• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

HG Excel spread-sheet

Look for HGExcel (beta) link ... not the mispelled HSExcel link. (Holding head in hands:" OOoooooooooyyyy")

Trust me, the spreadsheet is a lot better then my forum messages....

("Oooooooooyyyy")

Gats'

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gatsby:
Look for HGExcel (beta) link ... not the mispelled HSExcel link. (Holding head in hands:" OOoooooooooyyyy")

Trust me, the spreadsheet is a lot better then my forum messages....

'
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, now that's frustrating, putting an HG spreadsheet up on a Striker page. I'm still looking forward to your Striker spreadsheet.... (hint, hint).

StrikerFan

Thanks, troops!

Since the spreadsheet posting, I have added more info on the print-out (much needed Stateroom info, empty bays, Drop Tank evaluation, etc.) and a printable design form, with energy, power, tonnage, and how many 1.5m^3 blocks for mapping of each componenet. I also added blanks of these forms for hand-written ships. there were a few errors I've caught so far - but more testing is always good....will post a corrected BETA version this week in the same spot, so get those tests in!

Thanks again!

Gats'

Thanks, troops!

Since the spreadsheet posting, I have added more info on the print-out (much needed Stateroom info, empty bays, Drop Tank evaluation, etc.) and a printable design form, with energy, power, tonnage, and how many 1.5m^3 blocks for mapping of each componenet. I also added blanks of these forms for hand-written ships. there were a few errors I've caught so far - but more testing is always good....will post a corrected BETA version this week in the same spot, so get those tests in!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely want to add the `magazine-less' option for the spreadsheet, since at least some versions of High Guard had no provision for missile magazines and (according to Striker), bay missiles should be bigger than turret missiles (25cm warheads versus 15cm).

StrikerFan

Thanks, I'll look into the Striker rulings - took the missle size from New Era....as to dropping the option, anyone not inputing the magazines is not using the option, anyway. Easier to include it, that way.

Just added Book 2 sheet, with printouts, within the whole file.....de-bugging now.

Gats'

Thanks, I'll look into the Striker rulings - took the missle size from New Era....as to dropping the option, anyone not inputing the magazines is not using the option, anyway. Easier to include it, that way.

Just added Book 2 sheet, with printouts, within the whole file.....de-bugging now.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CT missiles, according to the Missiles supplement in JTAS, were 50 kilograms. That supplement pre-dated Striker, though, and it was for working with Book 2 or Mayday rules, not really for High Guard (which didn't care in the least). I'd have to dig it up to see what the `standard' missile was, though my group was very partial to pretending to surrender/be disabled then launching a couple salvoes of missiles with 1 6G burn, a homing warhead (can't remember the type offhand), a contact detonator, and a 30 kilogram focused-force warhead at a would-be pirate when he had matched vectors and was preparing to board. Worked exceedingly well.

That is one way to do the `no-magazines' option, I suppose, yes. <chuckle>

StrikerFan

If you want and o....oold Spreadsheet - done in 1992 believe it or not ! contact me by e-mail (as I don't think I can upload an attachement) - This one is fairly compact and together with goal seek you can generate fleets quickly.

Email is dlaidlaw@flemingkambeitz.com

[This message has been edited by Dcardovan (edited 17 November 2001).]

Back