• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Help with Full-Auto Suppressive Fire

Linwood

SOC-7
I'm planning on having an NPC opponent in an upcoming adventure armed with a pair of assault pistols. The thought was that this opponent would be prone to wildly spraying bullets everywhere to suppress fire (as per the TA #1 rules), thus irritating the players immensely but probably not killing them (that comes later....).

My question is, what's the best way to handle suppressive fire w/ a two-weapon attack? I can think of a number of different options, but none that I particularly like. Anyone got any suggestions?

Increase the DC of the suppression attack. How much would be your decision, but I'd base it partly off ROF. So fo a machine pistol, maybe increase the DC by 2-3 points maybe?
That's my 2 cents.

Hello Linwood,

First I will state I am not overly fimilar with the combat rules for T20, with that said here is my Cr.02.

The simplest solution is to apply the same DC twice, one for each pistol. Of course TA#1 p. 6 does not recommend using an "assualt pistol or any other gimmicky weapons."

Originally posted by Linwood:
I'm planning on having an NPC opponent in an upcoming adventure armed with a pair of assault pistols. The thought was that this opponent would be prone to wildly spraying bullets everywhere to suppress fire (as per the TA #1 rules), thus irritating the players immensely but probably not killing them (that comes later....).

My question is, what's the best way to handle suppressive fire w/ a two-weapon attack? I can think of a number of different options, but none that I particularly like. Anyone got any suggestions?

My Daer Linwood,

To throw my Cr.02 into the ring.

Surpressive fire is a full round action. IMHO the character would only be allowed to one weapon for covering fire.

If you were to allow surpressing fire with the second weapon, the regular negatives to hit should apply. I think that's -2 on the primeary weapon and -6 on the off hand, but you may want to check.

If you really want to harras the players I would suggest a moderatrly high level marine or Merc with the rapid shot and two weapons feat.

I'd add the ROF's together to determine the maximum number of targets and additional damage (if any), and impose an additional -2 attack penalty (making it -6).
This would be the simplest solution.

:cool:

Back