• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

havacola ?????

trader jim

SOC-14 1K
hey guys!!! has any one tried that "new" havacola?? not bad - whats that new secret ingrediant?? i think i know what it is. wanna take a guess?? i could sell TONS of the stuff out
on the rim!!!! who makes this stuff, where does it come from?? can i get a franchise???

Hmm, I bookmarked the site I saw this on way back, but my filing system is, well not so much a system as an attempt to bring chaos to order (which it does quite well actually) so I can't find it right now, but since Hunter is using it as a sig maybe he could point us there. Meantime I'll randomly poke around, who knows, I might get lucky. I half expect it to come up in a supplement (hava-cola that is not my bookmark though given chaos and randomness it might too), author willing (hint, hint).

Originally posted by far-trader:
Hmm, I bookmarked the site I saw this on way back, but my filing system is, well not so much a system as an attempt to bring chaos to order (which it does quite well actually) so I can't find it right now, but since Hunter is using it as a sig maybe he could point us there. Meantime I'll randomly poke around, who knows, I might get lucky. I half expect it to come up in a supplement (hava-cola that is not my bookmark though given chaos and randomness it might too), author willing (hint, hint).
Heh, no website I know of! Hava-cola is a product of our own Traveller campaigns. As for coming up in a supplement well that would be telling...

Seriously though, Bruce (part of the T20 team who lurks on these boards) is the best one to ask about Hava-cola. His character owns the secret formula.

Hunter
(who just went and registered havacola.com and hava-cola.com) :D

Oh, well now I HAVE to find it, maybe someone nicked it for his own campaign (under fair use, right,) or maybe it was one of your groups homepages. I also borrowed the InfoScreen Terminal (Blue, grey, & black kiosks, everywhere) notes from (I think) the same page, however those bookmarks might be on my dead harddrive. I'll post here if I have any luck in my surfing.

Originally posted by far-trader:
Oh, well now I HAVE to find it, maybe someone nicked it for his own campaign (under fair use, right,) or maybe it was one of your groups homepages. I also borrowed the InfoScreen Terminal (Blue, grey, & black kiosks, everywhere) notes from (I think) the same page, however those bookmarks might be on my dead harddrive. I'll post here if I have any luck in my surfing.
Oh I know now! That sounds like the early Library Data pages I had posted. I think they are still available if you root around at the following URL. That's where the InfoScreen and HavaCola stuff are mentioned.

http://www.TravellerRPG.com/Gateway

Hunter

Yep, that's it! Thanks, now I can sleep, if I can kill this Hava-Cola buzz I worked up while slurpin and surfin ;)

no.....no....no.....i repeat......once and forall
the secreat ingrediant IS NOT essence of beetle nut!!! thats IS NOT the reason it turns your teeth red!!!! but the new havacola sure has a kick to it!!! is that why they sell it next to
"colt .45 in the cooler????

So you want to know about Hava-cola eh?
Well Hava-cola was created when during the 'secret of the ancients', my character asked "grandfather" for a formula that would affect most of the sentient life forms in the Imperium, it would be a pleasant buzz, lifting you up and calming you down, non-addictive, but pleasing enough for the populous that they'd want more. So i got this forumla, our GM did'nt mind because the other blood thirsty characters wanted a sevice called "the star trigger" that was used to end our version of the 5th frontier war, I think. Or was it the 6th? I've lost count.
Well my character, Doris Starblaze was so shocked by the use of her ships from her shipyards during the war [serperate story and worthy of telling, but not here] that she donated 1 cr from each purchase of a hava-cola to the 'war orphans fund'. And like ALL good charities, she got richer too. Because the price of a bottle of Hava-cola was 2 crs.
So your wondering where this idea came from? Well it was just one of those things, just popped into my little "merchant" brain. And so, there you have the bare bones story. I could tell the rest, but you'd all think I was MAD!!!

Bruce

Soylent Green is made from people......

As a good standing member of the Solomani Party I "know" what "Havacola" really is.......

It is a cheap Vilani-Vargr imitation of the original cola developed on Terra, Earth, in the late 19th century. Remember that the initial meeting between the Vilani and Terrans was peaceful. In fact the Nth Interstellar Wars (all of them) can be traced to Vilani trademark and patent violations and the SolaCola Corporations of Terra pursuing their right, by all means necessary, to impair, impeade, and finally denying the criminal Vilani firm from producing it.

It resurfaced a few years after the Vilani insulted the Solomani in Imperial Court and the Solomani left. In fact one of the reasons for the Declaration of the Solomani Automous Region was to erect trade barriers to protect a market share for the SolaCola Corporations. The Solomani Rim War began when officials of the SolaCola Corporations caught the Imperial Scout Service smuggling HavaCola syrup concentrate to worlds within the Automous Region.

The Solomai Party Channel is the only channel my video is ever tuned to....

I'm a good standing member of the Solomani Party.

:cool:

Randy T

damn...randy...your good...very good!!!! i thought i could "sling it around" now and then!!
but you just topped me!! you are going to fit right in around here with this crew!! not bad...
not bad at all for a first post...keep up the good
work!!! welcome aboard!!! :D ;)
:cool:

Astroburgers don't sell Hava-Cola. They do offer Sylean Dark Soda, however, and the sugar-free variant.

The plankon-nuggets and dip are pretty good, too.

i had to give up on the astroburgers - the meat kept trying to crawl out of between the bread and at the same time it would yell ....help me....help
me...and you dont EVEN want to hear about the plankton-nuggets---or the dip!!!! hint it has somthing to do with earth whales.

We once got stuck living on vat-krill soup for a week when our Scout/Courier missjumped to a crappy little system with nothing but a heavy-G waterworld.

There we were doing a sea-refuel during dangerous storms, while trying to repair the Jump Drive, all the while sustaining our self on hot and nasty blue-green brine. Eyeech :(

Back