• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Fixed Weapons?

In the Gateway PDF it mentions that the Solomani frequently mount "fixed" weapons on thier ships.

Now as far as I know, only spinal weapons are fixed. Are there any plans to introduce such weapons in the rules?

BTW, when are we going to see the TA dealing with military weapons?

Evening BLH,

Placing weapons in fixed mounts has been possible since CT was introduced. The fighters in CT have fixed mounted weapons. Additionally, limited rotation turrets, 45 degrees left or right, called barbettes and/or casemates were also introduced. A fixed mounted weapon takes up hull volume like any other component.

Originally posted by BLH:
In the Gateway PDF it mentions that the Solomani frequently mount "fixed" weapons on thier ships.

Now as far as I know, only spinal weapons are fixed. Are there any plans to introduce such weapons in the rules?

BTW, when are we going to see the TA dealing with military weapons?

Evening (well, it still is somewhere it ;) ), possibly the writer(s) should have included this reference paragraph from GDW's CT era Alien Module 6 - Solomani:

"Fixed Weapons Mounts: Solomani ships may have fixed weapons mounts (as opposed to turret mounted weapons). Fixed weapons mounts allow up to two weapons to be attached per each hardpoint on the ship and do not require fire control tonnage or a turret. Weapons in fixed weapons mounts are operated by a gunner on the bridge and are subject to an attacker's DM -2 in space combat. A ship is allowed fixed weapons mounts equal to the model number of the computer installed on the ship (Model/2 computer allows two hardpoints to have fixed weapons mounts)."

Maybe something for the Library files, at least till it gets a write up in some official T20 product.

Lo far-trader,

Thanks for citing a reference, I do not have that particular source book nor did I have any of my materials readily available when I made my post. Oops got to go late for heading off to work.

Originally posted by far-trader:
Evening (well, it still is somewhere it ;) ), possibly the writer(s) should have included this reference paragraph from GDW's CT era Alien Module 6 - Solomani:

"Fixed Weapons Mounts: Solomani ships may have fixed weapons mounts (as opposed to turret mounted weapons). Fixed weapons mounts allow up to two weapons to be attached per each hardpoint on the ship and do not require fire control tonnage or a turret. Weapons in fixed weapons mounts are operated by a gunner on the bridge and are subject to an attacker's DM -2 in space combat. A ship is allowed fixed weapons mounts equal to the model number of the computer installed on the ship (Model/2 computer allows two hardpoints to have fixed weapons mounts)."

Maybe something for the Library files, at least till it gets a write up in some official T20 product.

Back