• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

FFE005: Trav. CE - Games is it out?

Release date was May, I was just wondering if it was out yet. I'm looking to buy all of the available reprints...keep my originals safe under glass.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rerednaw:
Release date was May, I was just wondering if it was out yet. I'm looking to buy all of the available reprints...keep my originals safe under glass.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good question. What is the status?

David Shayne

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaveShayne:
Good question. What is the status?

David Shayne
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last I heard it hd been pushed back to July.

According to the local game stores it's not out yet, but that's based upon the fact that they have been solicited for it as yet. Who knows? Maybe it has been released, but only to remote regions of the world. Otherwise I have no idea.

Per Marc/Avery's announcement on 3 June, it's been pushed back to 'mid-July' which presumably actually means 'late July or early August.' Although he didn't say so, I get the impression that the delay is due to some unexpected difficulty in getting good full-color reproductions of the various game component facsimiles which will be included in the book -- something which the previous volumes didn't have to worry about.

In summary, I'm sure FFE005 hasn't been forgotten about, I'm sure Marc Miller is doing everything in his power to get it out as soon as possible (which, at this point, probably isn't much more than hassling the printers), and I'm sure that when it does show up we'll all agree that it was worth the wait.

(And on a positive closing note, since FFE006+ won't have this issue with the color-inserts, hopefully we'll be able to see them in a more timely fashion!)

[This message has been edited by T. Foster (edited 12 July 2001).]

The other thing to remember are the contents of this particular package.

We have (in no particular order);
Striker (with miniatures and maps)
Snapshot (a supplement, two maps, counters and a weapons table)
Inavsion Earth
The Fifth Frontier War
Azhanti High Lightening
And maybe one or two others that escape me.

This is going to be one HUGE package if everything I think is in it is included. I also have a feeling that it'll push the near the one-hundred dollar mark.

Myself, I'd much rather see the Alien Moduals printed first.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blue Ghost:
The other thing to remember are the contents of this particular package.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is going to be a book just like the others (from what I understand) so it won't have counter sheets or full sized maps just reproductions of same. The price is listed as US$48 so it will be the most expensive of the reprints so far.

This is the last book in the reprints series that I'm really interested in though I'll buy the others for the nugets that can be gleaned.

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blue Ghost:
Just a book? Suddenly I'm very dissapointed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps my information is inacurate. I doubt it though. I don't think it'd be particularly do-able as a full component rerelease. Not at 48 bucks. And not to be released concurent with the new Imperium (which Avalanche says will finally be out this summer.)

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

Question: Does anyone know if the Games book is the same size as the first four? I understand the book contains the rules and charts as well as images of the counter sheets and maps, but I'm curious as to what format the book is in.
Either way, as soon as the Games book is available I'll be ordering it. The first four books grace the bookshelf behind me right now.

Back