• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

favorite movie lines

trader jim

SOC-14 1K
what are some of your favorite movie lines that fit into the traveller universe?
one of my favorits is from HOWARD THE DUCK,after all he WAS an alien duck!! it goes like this---
TORA TORA TORA DEATH FROM THE SKYS!!! DEATH TO DUCK HUNTERS,hes yelling this while flying that ultralite!!!! you got some, lets have em.
file_21.gif

Well one day not long after we had all watched Galaxy Quest...

Our pilot made a critical failure on his piloting roll during a hurried launch from the Leador Downport. Amid comments like "R is NOT for REALLY FAST" one player piped up...

"You Broke the Ship! I can't believe you broke the bloody SHIP!"

I've thought Allan Rickman Rocked since he played Hans Gruber in 'Die Hard'

"I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure". -Aliens

"Sit tight, hold the fort and if we're not back by morning, call the President". -Big Trouble in Little China

(This may not be word for word) "And he asked me, 'Have you paid your dues?'. I looked him in the eye and said, 'The check is in the mail'." -Big Trouble in Little China

"Let me tell you what you're dealing with here. I run a franchise. The company hires me to dig as much ore as possible out of this hellhole. My hookers are clean, some of them are good looking. My booze isn't watered. The workers are happy. When the workers are happy they dig more ore and get paid more bonus money. When the workers dig more ore, the company's happy...when the company's happy I'm happy." --Peter Boyle, "Outland".

"Now what?!" -- Treat Wiliams, "Deep Rising".

"Autowash!" -- Milla Jovovich, "The Fifth Element".

"I'm here to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum". Roddy Piper as Nada in "They Live"

T.
file_23.gif

All good quotes, here's another from 5th element

"we're sending someone in to negociate!

Blam BLAM!

"anyone else want to negociate?"

"Where'd he learn to negociate like that?

"I wonder..."

the day the Earth Stood Still - i got it now - i got it now!!! Gort...Gort......Gort somthing!!?.......damn ..did it again!!!
:rolleyes:

Other good Aliens lines, all from Hudson:
"Game over!! ::voice breaking:: Game OH-ver!!"

"Maybe you haven't been keeping on on current events, pal, but we just got our asses kicked!!"

The "Take of and nuke the site from orbit" has showed up in too many of my games, invariably when the group feels overwhelemed, whether its rampaging Vargr or Orcs. Probably the best gamer/movie one-liner of all time.

"Gort, Klatuu barada nikto".... see here for more info than you ever wanted on that wonderful movie.

it is truly tempting to make a long list from Monty Python "you can't just run around exercising ultimate executive authority because some watery tart rises up out of a lake and gives you a bloody sword!" from Holy Grail comes to mind.

How about Four Rooms "Let's not belabor the fact that you have no sense of timing, Theodore. The fact is you're here. <click>" where <click> is the sound of a .44 Mag being cocked in his face... funny movie.

"Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family, Choose a ⌧ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ⌧ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit-crushing game shows, stuffing ⌧ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ⌧ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life. But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got heroin?"

Renton's opening speach from Trainspotting.. if you haven't seen it, do.. but not with kids, and not if you are squeemish.. I sometimes use the movie to get people in my house out of my house

stormcrow - i am really surprized that someone else has discovered the web site!!! NO ONE has mentioned it in these forums!! now THAT was a great movie - if you had space i would give you another STAR!! its good to meet another true SC-FI
FAN!!!!!!!

Yeah, I love good Sci-Fi, but I doubt many on these boards don't

another fave is Forbidden Planet.. My God, that movie rocks.. THAT is one of the best movies..

Other good Sci-Fi.. Hmm.. Wrath of Khan is up there to be sure.. Logan's Run deserves a mention.. must be tired, can't think too well.. there ARE others!

I will start another thread!

"Appology accepted Captian Needa." -- Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)

"Infidel defilers! They shall all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will learn why they are afraid of the dark, now they will learn why they fear the night." -- Thulsa Doom (Conan The Barbarian)

"You asked for a miracle. I give you the F .. B .. I" -- Hans Gruber (Die Hard)

"He was licking me!" -- Private Toffler (Ravenous)

"Mmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmmmmm! This is a tasty burger!" -- Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction)

"Wake up! Time to die!" -- Leon (Blade Runner)

"It's alright little brother, there are more." -- Herger the Joyous (13th Warrior)

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that." -- H.A.L. (2001: A Space Odyssey

"Laugh while you can Monkey boy" -- Lord John Whorfin/Emilio Lizardo (The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension)

Back