• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Fate of the Vilani in the TNE

kafka47

SOC-14 5K
Marquis
Given that the Vilani were meticious record keepers and consumate bureaucrat. Would anyone like to speculate the fate of the Vilani in the TNE?

Beaurecrats, hmm. Everything in triple backup hardcopy.

Not a problem, virus got the computer we still have the hardcopies, please fill in access form ZXC-41Y in quadruplicate (you can't be too careful)

Of course once the computers are back the Vilani will spend the next five centuries rekeying everything.

They all died from terminal 'boringness'?

smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vargas:
They all died from terminal 'boringness'?

smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another Bland(i) fan. But, seriously could we speculate that one of the founding peoples of the Imperium have no post-Imperial existance?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vargas:
Sorry if I'm dense but what does 'Another Bland(i) fan' mean? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just Traveller humour. Sorry.

Well, if you check the Word Generation Tables for the Vilani language there is no way to accomodate the letter "V". So no doubt named after the Russian explorer, "V" got substituted for "B" which is V in Russian. Confused? So were most people when they looked at the Word Gen Tables. Proof of this theory is check out any Vilani text and you will always find Vland spelled with a "B".

While we are on the topic of the Vilani. I was wondering what is the canoncity of the in-house (GDW) Journal called: Imperiallines. This was magazine meant to supplement Challenge. For there was an article in issue 3/4 that speculates that Vilani made First Contact back in the period pre-Classical Antiquity thereby propelling the Solomani.

I thought it might be something like that. As to Imperiallines, the only canon-ish item I'm aware of is the article in #1 re Foreven sector.

The Vilani propelled the Solomani eh?

This is just Ziru Sirka propaganda because they were too backward and corrupt to stall the predestined Rule of Man.

As bureaucrats, if they did contact Earth in Classical times then they would have verifiable records of it (adventure hook!)

Be warned fellow Solomani, Vilani lies proliferate everywhere

Elliot
SolSec Coordinator, London, Terra/Sol

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rtartis:
Imperiallines 3/4?
Where can I find copies of 3/4?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got mine in a consignment of Traveller stuff. If you get Marc's permission, I will run a few off at $.75 per page plus p&h. (It only runs about 5-8pgs).

Back