• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Extreme Behavior and the Iridium Throne...

Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts on Emperors in the past, and if they were prone to Caligula-like extremes in behavior or outright madness? We all know of Cleon the Mad, but what form did his madness take? I ask to further get ideas to breathe a little more life into the Imperium...
Feel free to relate any backstairs gossip you may have pick up in your travels...

omega.gif

Sir,
Are you casting aspersions on the dignity of the Emperor and his noble and holy office? This smacks of treason, sir. Think carefully how you proceed! :mad:
;) Chris Thrash has a lovely reference to the power, or lack thereof for the press in the Imperium. As for backstairs news, I am sure that there is good traffic in it. My feeling is that most of the problem children in the Imperial family are sent to a war zone to lead a lost hope patrol into enemy territory. As for the actual sitting Emperors of the Iridium Throne, there are a few who were asked to step down, other than Cleon the Mad. There appears to be so much political marriage and not limited to a small bloodline, that congenital defects are not likely.
file_23.gif

Cleon the Mad - oops, I mean the Third - is one of them, though he was actually a good person. He's around here somewhere, but he disappeared sometime between January and February.

Olav hault-Planckwell and Styryx come to mind as extreme behavior representatives...

How about Tomutov I? Abdicates and does a Diocletian or Cleon II who becomes a "one man fire brigade".

Vidmar

BTW all the Rule of Man Emperors were sane!!

Why you gotta crack on Cleon II? I thot it was pretty cool he had the will to hang it all up and do what he wanted...

PS: Most "Rule of Man" "Emperors" were little more than students of the "Might makes Right" school. I find thier wisdom and sanity in question, considering how bad they messed up thier new government in a relatively short time...

omega.gif

Originally posted by Baron Saarthuran:
Most "Rule of Man" "Emperors" were little more than students of the "Might makes Right" school. I find thier wisdom and sanity in question, considering how bad they messed up thier new government in a relatively short time...

omega.gif
M'Lord putting aside your Vilani sour grapes (after all you lost
). The Rule of Man was a wonderful institution hampered only by the stultified administrative hangovers from the Vilani "Empire/Corporation". This was the reason for my election as Emperor to encourage reform in the system (a reform that was highly successful).

Vidmar Imperator

Milord Admiral, We ALL lose when we squabble so...
besides, We seem to agree on so many things besides this... (Puts out hand)

So, What About the Topic, what? Any Speculations? Ruminations? Recriminations? I wonder what form power abuses would take when you have an empire's resources...

omega.gif

Cleon, it would seem suffered from a bad rap. Meglomannia and was homicidal maniac (according to Canon) was the most likely disorder that he suffered from. Afterall, he probably had the backing of the Navy and look how many Emperors came from the grand tradition of the lash.

Originally posted by Baron Saarthuran:
Milord Admiral, We ALL lose when we squabble so...
besides, We seem to agree on so many things besides this... (Puts out hand)
omega.gif
Indeed m'lord (takes hand bows and clicks heels) your servant sir. Indeed we agree more than we differ. :D

Back