• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Expeience and levels

Aramond

SOC-8
Ok I am new to T20 and the d20 systems in general, and perhaps I am just being dense, or have overlooked something, BUT I can't find any table or anything that tells you how many experience point for each level.

Now I have played just about every RPG there was in the 80's D&d, AD&D, CT, Gamma World (both versions, Top Secret, Elric/Stormbringer, etc. So I know what I am looking for and I can't find it, not inT20 Lite, not either of the d20 SRD's Nothing. Please help!!

If you have the T20 Handbook, there is a chart towards the beginning of the book, near where it explains the EDU and SOC stats.

I don't have my copy handy or I'd give you an exact page reference.

-Roger

Well I don't have the full version only T20 lite, but just by reading the chargen example it seems like it may be a doubleing exp model but I can't tell for sure ex. 1000xp for 2nd, 2000 for 3rd etc. I am I close? Going to check my t20 lite in that area.

I'm not one of those people who memorize every table and rule in the book, so without it in front of me I can't be certain, but I don't believe it was a straight doubling of XP per level.

I think that it is something like:
1st character level:0 XP
2nd char level:1,000 XP
3rd char level:3,000 XP
4th char level:6,000 XP
etc etc...

In order to get the amount of XP you need for your next level add (current character level * 1,000 XP) to total XP needed for the current character level.

Remember there is a difference between "Class Level" and "Character Level" (total of all class levels).

If I am incorrect, hopefully someone will correct me, or I'll check when I get home and let you know.

-Roger

Originally posted by R_Kane:
I'm not one of those people who memorize every table and rule in the book, so without it in front of me I can't be certain, but I don't believe it was a straight doubling of XP per level.

I think that it is something like:
1st character level:0 XP
2nd char level:1,000 XP
3rd char level:3,000 XP
4th char level:6,000 XP
etc etc...

In order to get the amount of XP you need for your next level add (current character level * 1,000 XP) to total XP needed for the current character level.

Remember there is a difference between "Class Level" and "Character Level" (total of all class levels).

If I am incorrect, hopefully someone will correct me, or I'll check when I get home and let you know.

-Roger
Yep you got it right. The page number in THB is 35 btw but as mentioned its no help. Also don't forget the initial Feat at 1st level and an added Feat every third level (3rd, 6th, 9th, etc.) in addition to any class specific Feats. There is also the Ability Increase at 4th level and every four levels thereafter.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard Aramond :D

Back