• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Dragon Con 2002

Yep.

I'll be there only on Saturday. The con falls in the middle of my work week and I could only get that Saturday off.

Originally posted by ScoutCadet469:
How was DragonCon? I had a friend that went, but I haven't had a chance to talk to him.

Later,

Scout
Con was great :D , though perhaps a bit more subdued than last year. A number of Dealers said that sales were down. Costumes were good, but not as many truly unique and cool ones as last year.

Didn't do any gaming - largely cuz it was dominated by RPGA, and I am not a member (tried it a couple times, just not my thing).

I was disappointed that QLI wasn't there. Heck, even Iron Crown had a booth there (though WoTC didn't).

Best session was "Religious Right vs. Gaming" by Michael Stackpole. Very informative AND entertaining. Mr. Stackpole only presented facts, and did so in a very constructive and positve manner - coulda listened to him for another 2 hours. Best session I have attended so far in three DragonCon's.

Picked up copies of all the BITS Little books (101 Cargoes, 101 Travellers, etc.) - something I couldn't find at my FLGS. Also picked up the deck plans from Fading Suns (Holistic had a big booth) - they look much more useful to me than the GURPS plans I already own, and were cheaper.

Already making plans to go next year. Hopefully there will be some T20 events, centering around the 1 year anniversdary of the release of the game. COurse that means we would have to get the book sometime soon . . . but thats another thread.

Back