• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

D'kelva matters....

bryan gibson

Absent Friend
well, then!

there has been a fair amount of interest in one of my alien races, the D'kelva, which can be seen on the ISS Ursula site.

While I am still writing a proper treatment up for them, I have been loathe to put them on the boards here for the simple matter that they are part of a project for publication, and by placing them here in a public forum kinda defeats the purpose.

On the other hand....

While the appeal of any character race is its culture and so forth, i do have a prelim package almost finished, that while not complete will still allow a fair overview...including generation stats from CT, MT, and T20....

sort of a "D'kelva Lite".

anyone interested? if so, please post here, and I will see what I can do.I appreciate the interest' (ratehr flattered, actually)and if there are enough interested to make it worthwhile, I will see what I can supply.

Bryan

I'd be interested, but you know that already. Why don't you email them to any who are interested?

I am also interested. I have at least two players in my group that would be interested in this race. Anything that you'd care to share with us would be greatly appreciatted.

Actually that was a bit sterile let me try again. Here it goes...

HECK YEAH! GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!!!

I hope that demonstrates sufficient interest.

Thanks

Is that the race for the character Dancer in the Ursula campagin?Yes I'd be very interested.(Especialy if it's got the CT/MT/T4 stats rules.

I'm not big on Lite versions... I would be interested in a final product though. I'd be very interested if, as Warriorknight suggests, it has CT/MT/T4 stats/rules. Will it be in book form or pdf? Will it be a stand alone thing, or will it be part of an adventure, or part of an aliens supplement? Can I get a cheeseburger? Oh, sorry, its lunch time. :D

I'm not big on Lite versions... I would be interested in a final product though. I'd be very interested if, as Warriorknight suggests, it has CT/MT/T4 stats/rules. Will it be in book form or pdf? Will it be a stand alone thing, or will it be part of an adventure, or part of an aliens supplement? Can I get a cheeseburger? Oh, sorry, its lunch time.

while I am not unsympathetic, thats for now the only option till I can sort out a publisher.....

it will have geration tables for MT and CT as well as archetypes for T20.

I am hoping to include it as part of an alternate setting, although a conversion for traveller is in the offing.( being originally written for inclusion thereof)

more as it develops.

Bryan

Well, dancer does at that, peak curiousity. ;) (we of the Ursula site thank you all, as well as CoTI viewers here, and players who've interacted with her).
But there is Azrashi, Tashika, Tuulus, and Seala as well...and several others.
The story unfolds as we march along...stay tuned!

--Mike Rourke, adopted clan-sib to Dancer/ Realthae, Ship's Chief steward (finally got Frank to quit making coffee & Hired another guy!)
ISS URSULA, site mgr.
aka in these parts as,

Bannanas seem to have a high enough sugar content to also affect/impair their judgement (i.e. as in alcohol type affects). Of course, they eat em, skin and all.

"Say, Dimitri, did you drop this? (Frank stoops looking for finger tips)..LOL ;)

Mike Rourke,
Aka in these parts as,

Originally posted by bryan gibson:

while I am not unsympathetic, thats for now the only option till I can sort out a publisher.....

it will have geration tables for MT and CT as well as archetypes for T20.

I am hoping to include it as part of an alternate setting, although a conversion for traveller is in the offing.( being originally written for inclusion thereof)

more as it develops.

Bryan
Bryan the lite version would be great.Much better to wet out appetites for the full version.
:D I'll be looking forward to buying the full version.What would the alternate setting be,or is that tied up in the deal your working out?

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Well, dancer does at that, peak curiousity. ;) (we of the Ursula site thank you all, as well as CoTI viewers here, and players who've interacted with her).
But there is Azrashi, Tashika, Tuulus, and Seala as well...and several others.
The story unfolds as we march along...stay tuned!
I always considered Seala to be what Dancer will be after some more experience. Dancer is a "wet behind the ears" teen that was thrown out of the house. Seala seems to be more open than other D'kelva, atleast from what I read from the episode logs and crew diaries.

Originally posted by George Boyett:
I always considered Seala to be what Dancer will be after some more experience. Dancer is a "wet behind the ears" teen that was thrown out of the house. Seala seems to be more open than other D'kelva, atleast from what I read from the episode logs and crew diaries.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As Seala would say, "fairly accurate for a long-nosed one,"

Seala however is from a different caste/class than Dancer/realthae (her name in her language).
So how they develop remains open ended, especially amongst we Khumana.

Originally posted by Jame:
Hmm... Hey bryan, why not put some art in it, as examples? Especially Dancer? Mmm, Dancer!
file_23.gif
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Art work would add to the price, ser jame. But its a good idea!(seconds the motion!)

Back