• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Dark Nebula Deckplans

kafka47

SOC-14 5K
Marquis
Has anyone been ambitious enough to do deckplans for the Dark Nebula ships. I am thinking especially of the ones that adorn this wonderful cover but also for what Andy Slack did a few years back?

DarkNebula1983.jpg

http://www.travellerbibliography.org/gdw-ct/DarkNebula1983.html

Originally posted by kafka47:
Bump. No Takers for this worthy project?
Maybe...

1) Who is asking? An Official Publisher, or an ordinary player?

2) What file format? I prefer BMP, but others might require JPG or something else.

3) When do you need it? Deadlines ... deadlines ...

4) Where is the final product going to appear? The next Ships Of The Line or Joe's kitchen table?

5) How much detail? Ordinary 2D deckplans without furnishings or 3D perspective drawings complete with every fixture, fitting, and frame member?

6) Why produce the plans? Out of the goodness of my heart and the love of the game; or in exchange for cash, goods, or services?

-HKR-

Originally posted by Sol Pniering:
That's not the Dark Nebula box I have...where did you get that ?
There were two editions of the Dark Nebula wargame from GDW. Each one had a different box cover.

posted January 20, 2007 11:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kafka47:
Bump. No Takers for this worthy project?

Maybe...

1) Who is asking? An Official Publisher, or an ordinary player?

Ordinary Referee. Not planning to publish anything.

2) What file format? I prefer BMP, but others might require JPG or something else.

Whatever gives the most clarity and is transporable when printing it out. So I guess that would be JPEG.

3) When do you need it? Deadlines ... deadlines ...

Well, before Feb. 15, if at all possible.

4) Where is the final product going to appear? The next Ships Of The Line or Joe's kitchen table?

Smoe's Traveller table, possibly in a Convention game that I will use the two ships in an adventure that I am running.

5) How much detail? Ordinary 2D deckplans without furnishings or 3D perspective drawings complete with every fixture, fitting, and frame member?

Ordinary 2D is fine (quality like that of Seeker) is just fine. Just need to give players a sense of "their" ship as they will be serving on the bigger of the two.

6) Why produce the plans? Out of the goodness of my heart and the love of the game; or in exchange for cash, goods, or services?

I don't know, I can offer you something like RIFTS ruleset or small cash Cnd$2.00 for a truly extraordinary product (even though that is not what I am after) or you tell me, what do you want.

There are three ships visible; one is firing on another, while a third hangs back. Which one would have priority?

Since I do not have Dark Nebula (either version), might you provide some ship stats? Displacement is a must! Purpose would be useful, as well.

Back