• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT question

I recently recieved my copy of the Classic Traveller reprints, and have been reading the rules, many of which I haven't seen for years. I've come upon a question regarding ship combat.
What is the G rating of missiles? I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Valdamir:

I recently recieved my copy of the Classic Traveller reprints, and have been reading the rules, many of which I haven't seen for years. I've come upon a question regarding ship combat.
What is the G rating of missiles? I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The answer is it depends. Like you I can't find it in the core rules book. The Double Adventures book includes the special suplement on missiles but I haven't had them long enough to figure them out. The game Mayday (to be reprinted in FFE005) also included rules for missile customization. The game also includes a "typical missile" with these parameters:

6 g acceleration.
10 g/hours of total acceleration.(Actually listed as 6 hexes of total acceleration. In the time scale of Mayday this translates into the figure I give)
A homing guidance system. (target specified at launch. missile accelerates at maximum toward target.)
Contact detinator.
Total cost is Cr5,600.

I strongly suggest that you save up money for the Games reprint. Mayday, Snapshot, AHL, and Striker are all usefull additions to the CT game. (Indeed AHL is a vastly improved combat system)

Hope this is of some help in the meantime.

Yeah, I plan to get the Games reprint when it becomes available. I had most of the games when they first came out, but most have long since been lost.
In the meantime, thanks for your help!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Valdamir:
Yeah, I plan to get the Games reprint when it becomes available. I had most of the games when they first came out, but most have long since been lost.
In the meantime, thanks for your help!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your welcome

David Shayne

Back